What's new

I just had a job for HBO!

TheLegendOfLeo

What's up VI-Control! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here!

As the title implies, I just had the chance to do a bit of work on an HBO Max Standup special!

The show is called DOTS, and the comedian is a local UK comedian called Ahir Shah. I was in charge of the walk-off/end credits music. It was a tremendous amount of fun, albeit pretty hard work. Since I'm also based in the UK, I won't actually be able to watch the special (I've seen a clip of my part thanks to a friend but nothing else). It also means I can't link it here directly, but if anyone fancies some witty British standup, I'm a big fan of Ahir's work and would love to know if anyone's seen it/has any opinions!

As the title implies, I just had the chance to do a bit of work on an HBO Max Standup special!

The show is called DOTS, and the comedian is a local UK comedian called Ahir Shah. I was in charge of the walk-off/end credits music. It was a tremendous amount of fun, albeit pretty hard work. Since I'm also based in the UK, I won't actually be able to watch the special (I've seen a clip of my part thanks to a friend but nothing else). It also means I can't link it here directly, but if anyone fancies some witty British standup, I'm a big fan of Ahir's work and would love to know if anyone's seen it/has any opinions!
Congratulations on the gig. Very nice! I like Ahir Shah, too; it's nice for your music to be associated with him!

Well done on your HBO gig. I love my British comedians but did not know of Ahir, so I watched a few of his clips on Youtibe. FWIW, here in Canada we have the hilarious Raj Binder (aka Shaun Majumber) on tv's This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Take a peak while you hopefully get the a response from someone who has watched your HBO show.

Congrats and welcome aboard VIC!!!

Well done on your HBO gig. I love my British comedians but did not know of Ahir, so I watched a few of his clips on Youtibe. FWIW, here in Canada we have the hilarious Raj Binder (aka Shaun Majumber) on tv's This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Take a peak while you hopefully get the a response from someone who has watched your HBO show.

Dope, this is definitely on the watch list! The job has kinda sent me down the standup rabbithole and I'm kinda loving it haha! Appreciate you sending it over

Congratulations!

Thank you! I certainly feel welcome haha! How does one get the best out of the site?
Well, I am new to orchestration so I mainly ask a lot of questions and, so far, everyone here has been great in giving advice

However, the more I learn, the more confident I become in speaking up in threads about my opinion on something -- even when I am wrong, I feel like I am learning something

Congrats on getting the job! That was a nice piece of music. Your OP nudged me to watch the Ahir Shah special, which I actually enjoyed.

(I have watched a few other stand-up specials in the past couple of years that were all some blend of disappointing and boring -- I'm not sure an hour is the right length for a stand-up routine for some people; probably many would do better to stick to a solid 10-minute routine.)

I also rewound the credits to see whether they mentioned the composers -- and it turns out they did! And with the same size text as everyone else! ;)

Top Bottom