What's new

HP Z Workstation for Reaper Orchestra: Tips/Warnings etc.?

Ex HP career guy here,yet currently running (3) Win10 Pro Desktop systems built long ago. Really not that techy with today's advances, but can build heckuva new system in your HP Z Workstation cost range.
You know best if you can justify time and effort to build vs turnkey system. Small town here, but great local PC repair shop has kept me out of trouble so I purchase what I can there.

Favor server cases, lotsa cooling, big power supplies ...... max processor / max DDR4 / mostly Internal SSD(s).
Just now switching out smaller internal HDD(s) to Barracuda Pro 10-12 TB _ to free SATA slots. Will keep most older Libs external. Now going with 4 TB SSD(s) _ QVO fine so far.

Sorry for divergent Reply __ but imminent round of Updating soon, and will build again to use every preferred component vs turnkey compromises.

Regards

I'm disabled...kinda like an autistic savant: Great with the music, not so great with the physical stuff.

I can't build a computer...but thanks.

So cool you persevere and find enjoyment with music alternative !! Location is sooo important, as local univ(s) / colleges / tech schools could likely identify capable talents to help you. Depends so much on how much can be saved _ or performance improved in such cases.

All the best !

Thanks...

Any thoughts specifically about the HP Z Workstation relative to Reaper and Orchestral composing (mostly with Omnisphere/OT/Spitfire)?

Thanks! :2thumbs:

Thanks...

Any thoughts specifically about the HP Z Workstation relative to Reaper and Orchestral composing (mostly with Omnisphere/OT/Spitfire)?

Thanks! :2thumbs:

I am not solid advisor here, as I use these tools daily, but not on large templates / projects. Retired and use (2) identical Win10 Pro / Reaper Desktop PC DAW(s). Trying to avoid VEP solution. No issues with Spitfire Audio, OT, Spectrasonics, some VSL, RRA ..... but small track numbers and Render as needed.

I am Upgrading fairly soon, and find @ Nana posts on Reaper Forum helpful in avoiding major disappointment.
Apprx $3000. is still notable cost point .... Likely HP Sales Suport can configure a system with comparable specs.

Top Bottom