What's new

How to? 3 audio sources into Adam A7x pairs

mrd777

Hi everyone,

I have 3 audio sources that I want to hook up to one pair of Adam A7X monitors. I am wondering what kind of device I can use as an in between to plug these sources into? I imagine there's a device that can take up to 3 balanced XLR inputs and output one or more balanced outputs into these monitors.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Dave

+1 on the above said. If you have an audio interface with enough inputs you can use this as well.

Actually, do any of you recommend any device out there? I am looking up mixers, but they look like they are for live sound, and I'm not sure if that should be used in the studio.

Mackie 1202VLZ4
Looks like it will work and has good reviews. The only thing is that I have 6 XLR cables (3 left, 3 right) that I want to put into it, but it has only 4 XLR. I would then have to buy XLR to TRS cables, and I'm wondering if that would be an issue as far as quality goes? I'm a bit fuzzy as to weather or not that would "unbalance" the cables or what-not.

Actually there is a smaller version which would be a bit cheaper and looks like it does the same thing.
Mackie PROFX8V2 8-Channel Compact Mixer

What do you guys think of this?

Please see the Coleman Audio M3PH MKII (I can't seem to post the link). It will route one of 3 stereo inputs to one of 4 stereo outputs. It also includes a decent headphone amplifier.

Please see the Coleman Audio M3PH MKII (I can't seem to post the link). It will route one of 3 stereo inputs to one of 4 stereo outputs. It also includes a decent headphone amplifier.
That's a very nice unit. it's pretty expensive, however. The description mentions how it doesn't color the sound at all, and that's a must-have. However, I wonder if any of the things posted earlier (Mackie) would be comparable?

Top Bottom