What's new

How does VEP distribute samples w/ more than 1 slave system?

mrd777

Hi guys,

If you have two VEP slave machines, do you have the same exact samples on each rig, and have VEP pull half from one, and half from the other? (like RAID0 hard drives?).

Or, do you simply put some samples on one machine, and other samples on the other machine? This would mean you have to choose how to distribute your samples among the machines.

In other words, how do sample libraries get distributed with multiple slave machines?

Thanks!
Dave

The second one. One can be like your "strings/orchestral" slave, and another can be your "drums and synths" slave. You'd just connect tracks to those slaves for the instruments you'd need.

Same as Prockamanisc, distribute different samples across different machines. I use to duplicate my setup and start writing on a single machine and at some point offload to the 2nd machine when CPU became an issue, but then I thought the little I saved on electricity only running one machine didn't really make sense vs having templates setup for each machine.

Same as Prockamanisc, distribute different samples across different machines. I use to duplicate my setup and start writing on a single machine and at some point offload to the 2nd machine when CPU became an issue, but then I thought the little I saved on electricity only running one machine didn't really make sense vs having templates setup for each machine.
Thanks for the help. Will make sure I distribute things manually in this case.

Pretty sure most will split them up and use certain slaves for certain things. Junkie, for instance, has a slave dedicated to strings, one dedicated to brass, another for soft synths, etc. this way none of them get strained and it will help with organization.

Top Bottom