What's new

How did Sample Logic get my email address?

its a gmail account and nope don't think I've used it for anything else non music related. Only for soundcloud account, KVR account, a few music software purchases etc.

it might be the kvr. i dont remember there was an option to get email addresses when i checked out the ad options though. maybe soundclud is selling email to advertisers? i know there are services that sell emails to companies to advertise. i think there are videos that show how marketers scour the internet for emails related to a specific market group. Most of them are open emails that might be picked up like in this forum if I wrote it up.
It might be soundcloud. They seem like they need some money :)

As far as I know, Facebook isn't giving out email addresses like that

I doubt Sample Logic is scouring facebook for email addresses. As far as I know, Facebook's stuff just goes toward advertising, not selling email lists. Email lists aren't the kind of thing a company like Facebook would take lightly. If they're going to be selling emails, they aren't going to be selling it to small companies.

There's far too many watch dogs in the email world to risk getting blacklisted for getting emails from any source other than the user directly.

No, Facebook doesn't sell emails, they just know how to track you very good and that way sell advertising space to sell you stuff.
Which btw- I think fb advertising is the biggest scam ever. At all levels.

Which btw- I think fb advertising is the biggest scam ever. At all levels.

Agreed. Facebook advertising has been lame for me. Not only that, but once I paid for my first FB campaign, they started throttling my posts unless I paid for them. Oh well. I'm happy keeping facebook more of a place where I have a small group of people I can communicate directly rather than a huge list where I just push stuff.

If you run a website and install just the basic free Google analytics package to track visitors etc, you'll be surprised how much data is actually stored.

Regarding Facebook, I've never had any real success with it. My page has nearly 3K likes, but my posts will reach maybe 40 - 60 people without paying. My wife on the other hand, has built a business on the back of Facebook, so it is possible.

FWIT, email marketing I've found to be much more effective.

Agreed. Facebook advertising has been lame for me. Not only that, but once I paid for my first FB campaign, they started throttling my posts unless I paid for them. Oh well. I'm happy keeping facebook more of a place where I have a small group of people I can communicate directly rather than a huge list where I just push stuff.

I notice there was something odd about the people liking my ads and realized later they where all bots trying to hide from the fb algo that catches those "like farms"
So those bots like a whole bunch of whatever , including my ad , so they don't catch them liking a YouTube star wannabe that paid for 5000 likes.
no matter how targeted the ads are , some random bunch of dudes with only 3 pictures and one of those of Ronaldo, was liking my ads. I know it's just some random Korean lady with a room full of smartphones hitting like. :-/
So now Facebook is valued for billions thanks to this Korean basement lady :)

It's just this fad of "new" advertising and customer date driven crap polluting stocks and "reality".

There is more to it of course but it's my regular random rant similar to thoughts about YouTube stealing artist works and they getting money for it.
And so on... just big tech companies profiting relentlessly and everyone just stares at their breakfast pictures... some black mirror sort of shiat

Facebook advertising works. You just have to laser target your audience. For our business audience less than 50.000. Just include the countries where your business is more active and targets based on specific (rather than generic) interests. Also Facebook doesn't give up email unless you use those "login with facebook" button that you find on some websites.

On user side, since facebook shows the same amount of advertising to the user, I think that targeted ads are better than generic "want to find single ladies?" "Buy your car today" ads.

I got that email. This is one reason I am careful about giving my email for competitions or free plugins.

A bit off topic: I sent an email to Audient over a month ago through their contact us section on their official website about one of their products, and they still haven't answered. So I went to their Facebook page recently and complained about why they don't answer and they said to ask them on Facebook instead. I didn't bother after that. I think they want to see if your email matches your Facebook page so they can spy on you and target you with advertising.

Facebook advertising works. You just have to laser target your audience. For our business audience less than 50.000. Just include the countries where your business is more active and targets based on specific (rather than generic) interests. Also Facebook doesn't give up email unless you use those "login with facebook" button that you find on some websites.

On user side, since facebook shows the same amount of advertising to the user, I think that targeted ads are better than generic "want to find single ladies?" "Buy your car today" ads.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Check this video it shows more what I'm trying to say.

And to reinterAte what the guy in the video said, no matter where or how you target the ad it's still the same. I've been experimenting with this fo about 1 year and half. Using different target audience in every configuration possible and the outcome is the same. Very few real likes and a lot of spammers. So basically I am paying 80% more that it really is/what fb says

Last edited:
Naaa. From Facebook only you can't retrive a mail address. T
And to reinterAte what the guy in the video said, no matter where or how you target the ad it's still the same. I've been experimenting with this fo about 1 year and half. Using different target audience in every configuration possible and the outcome is the same. Very few real likes and a lot of spammers. So basically I am paying 80% more that it really is/what fb says

I'm perfectly aware of this video. And it was made in 2014, in three years Facebook targeting systems have evolved a lot. The main reason because lot of people still have issues with targeting is that they keep the audience very big with no control over the countries to target and with no control over the interests. For interests I don't mean something generic like "music" or "composition" or "sample libraries", something even more specific that will narrow the audience to less than 50.000 (and sometimes even less).

Naaa. From Facebook only you can't retrive a mail address. T

I'm perfectly aware of this video. And it was made in 2014, in three years Facebook targeting systems have evolved a lot. The main reason because lot of people still have issues with targeting is that they keep the audience very big with no control over the countries to target and with no control over the interests. For interests I don't mean something generic like "music" or "composition" or "sample libraries", something even more specific that will narrow the audience to less than 50.000 (and sometimes even less).

maybe its gotten better but i am still getting the same issue no matter how targeted the audience is. from 1000 to 10000 i get about the same. no matter what region, country, city etc. mostly spammers saying they are from those cities, towns etc. even that only like kontakt as the only interest or something very small. :-/
doesnt mean i dont get some real folks. i just figured out i am not really paying what facebook says. i am only overpaying paying for 80% of the real price. and if its happenign to me, and many others who i see in other forums..i cant imagine the level it is at big corporations paying a huge amount and only barely getting any engagement.
which is my main point, Facebook is way overvalued as a company aand the marketing through them is way over hyped.

Moderator note: This thread was moved (FWIW not by me, although I might have done the same thing) because a claim was made last night by someone that involved a third party (besides APD or SL.) That's the kind of thing that can get us (soon to be me!) in legal trouble, so there's a bit of urgency when a moderator sees this. It's a tough call, and honestly, if it were me, just to be safe, I probably would have moved it, too.

In hindsight, it might have been better to just delete the new posts from the new member, but that can actually make us look worse, because then it often gets interpreted that we're censoring negative parts of a conversation. So instead, what we'll sometimes do is move the entire thread to a hidden section. Then we can think about what to do, and either put the thread back where it was, or leave it hidden.

I'm now reinstating the thread, although I deleted the questionable post (and subsequent post which quoted it.)

On a personal note, I'd like to ask a favor that people please don't turn this into a 20 page drama. I'm not officially even the owner yet, and I still have a lot to figure out about the forum workings, plus ... I do have a day gig which really, really needs my attention, so if my life could not be consumed by drama, I would greatly appreciate it. :grin:

Oh look, the thread just got restored with a reasonable explanation. You can all put your torches and pitchforks down.

Talk about overreacting, jeez.

***SPOILER ALERT**** - Season Finale of "How to debunk a drama - The ecstatic journey of a plugins addict".

Ladies and gentlemens, I just found out that I have been chosen to write the season finale of this exciting new series. With your help for the scoring part, I think this will be just great! So here it is:

It's a Monday afternoon and I'm on holiday from work. Well, sorry guys, I don't work in the music industry (downer, I know, I know...). I work for more than 20 years in a totally unrelated field. But music and writing are two of my burning passions. Sadly, with my full-time job and raising a family, I'm seriously lacking time to fully enjoy both of them.

So on that beautiful and sunny Monday afternoon, while being at home alone with my beautiful young daughter, I decided to leisurely read some pages of threads in VI-Control. Everytime I wanted to read a thread, I opened a tab... At some point, there was a lot of tabs opened.. I had a little time left for comment most of these threads, or so I thought... That was before my daughter started asking me to go out "NOW" to enjoy our swimming pool! For the parents here, you know how are kids. So, for my 4 year-old daughter, now is NOW! Not in 10 minutes, not even in 5 minutes, no, no, it's now! I tried to add my comments and she just wanted to play with my computer keyboard.

When I write in threads, I prefer my posts when they are thoughful and meaningful. How the hell can I do that with around 20 threads opened that I wanted to comment with a child that wants me out? An impossible task you must say and you're right. But I don't want to simply close those threads, I want to come back later to continue reading them! One quick way I found: Writing a short post related to the thread I want to comment. That way, I will search my posts history and continue my reading (and possibly postings) later... And be quick man, little daughter has waited enough!

Pretty lame and boring so far, don't you think? Absolutely, you're right! Life is full of those moments, far from Academy Award winning stuff.

So, to add more spice (it's a season finale after all!), enter the conspiration theory: 2 FBI agents, who have made a thorough investigation, enters the VI Control threads with the unexpected claims about this everyday guy: THIS GUY IS NOT WHO HE IS! To add more excitement, one of those agents is a new member with 0 posts here.. But he has a lot of superpower and can make a bold claim on his first post! Now, that's getting interesting, don't you think?

Well, that made me laugh out loud when I found out! My bad, it was supposed to be drama, not comedy!

Now we enter the interesting part, the one I always prefer in a good written story: Go backward in the past with flashing memories of the main character.

So there you have it all, graciously from the FBI agents: My posts links from various forums. That's when the story takes another unexpected twist: We discover that the main character is a deal and plugin addict. Big time...

As can be seen posts after posts, I comment a lot on deals and products I like. And I also buy a lot of them.

I'm a KVR member since 2011 and I made many hundreds of posting. I'm a VI Control member since 2013 and I also made a lot of posts over those years.

Here's a taste of some of my recent postings: First of all, Komplete Ultimate from Native Instruments. That's my favorite bundle, the uber bundle, the one that rules them all. In the past, I bought Komplete Ultimate 8, then upgraded to Komplete Ultimate 10. With the recent upgrade sale of Native Intruments Komplete updates and upgrades, I thought I would skip this one. That was until I found a no-brainer deal: The update to Komplete Ultimate 11 for 160$ at Timespace. What did I do when I found out this crazy deal? What I normally do: I post the deal, many times, to various threads in many forums, so that the more people possible can benefit. See my recent posting history here and on KVR, that's what I did.

That's my crazy deals side. There's also another side of me, the interesting part for this story: the one that likes to write and praise about the stuff I like. Another example is one of my recent purchase that I totally fell in love, which is Vengeance Sound Avenger synth. I own a lot of synths, and I mean a lot (I'm a plugin addict after all), but this one quickly rose to the top and has become my go-to synth. I'm usually a preset guy, not tweaking a lot, if not at all. But for the first time, I discovered how it can be fun to play with the sounds so easily. For me, this synth is right there with Omnisphere 2 as my favorite synths. Check my posts here and on KVR, I repeated many times on many posts how much I love Avenger.

I could give you countles similar examples, but I think you get the point. That being said, if someone wants to claim that I'm partial to one or two company, or one or two products, they will easily find stuff to accuse me. I have posted and praised so many products over time, I lost counts.

For reasons unknown to me, some people have targeted Audio Plugin Deals and Sample Logic among my posts to claim that I praise them to much. Why is that? Drum roll, we get there: because I love the deals from APD and I love the Sample Logic products that I own! So what do I do when I love deals and products: if you followed so far, I already answered this: I make posts to share and/or praise.

I do that for them and for many others. I can't remember how many times I posted here that Soundiron Apocalypse Percussion Ensemble is my favorite percussion library, and I own many of them. Check if you want, it's all here.

So yes, I'm a plugin addict. For me, music is an expensive hobby. I bought many 8Dio libraries (I'm a V8P member), I have most of Heavyocity plugins, all of Virharmonic (Bohemian Violin is awesome), many Soundiron, many EastWest, Orange Tree Samples, Impact Soundworks, Sonokinetic, Strezov Sampling, the list could go on and on.

I found today an interesting one: Mike Greene is going to get VI Control. That's excellent news. He's a very funny guy from what I read from his posts. He's also making excellent products. In fact, here's an unexpected twist: I bought Realivox Ladies (his company), from who? Yes, unbelievable: from Audio Plugin Deals! Impossible you will say? Well, Mike, to put an end to this drama, I'm willing to send you the proof of purchase that I bought your library and you can confirm that I paid for this!

And for the finale (it was a bit long, a 2 hour season finale), what about my review of Sample Logic - Rhythmology? Wait a moment: I bought it: check! I paid for it: check! I'm a actual user and I write about my actual experience: check!. Alright, I decided to write a review of a recent purchase I made, and I chose this one. That's why I posted in the non-compensated reviews. A real review from a real user.

I love to write and decided to challenge myself, since English is not my native language. I wanted this to be the first of hopefully many reviews. I got very positive feedback, like this one in PM yesterday: "Just wanted to say hey, nice review. I hadnt considered Rhythmology but really looking at it now. You should consider going pro, really nice review." That's very nice, and this encourage me to goes further.

Going pro? Why not! Hey, if developers are reading my review and likes it, contact me and I will gladly switch to the compensated review with an honest review of their product if they provide to me for free. I'm a freelancer, open to offers!

To close this story, I escape from the FBI agents and will continue to posts here and to other forums about my passion of music, and will continue praising all those hard-working developers from many companies from who we all benefit. That's the spirit of VI-Control and I will continue to do this like I did this for all those years...

Hi Mouse,

Truly sorry to hear about this man, we would really love to know who you really are. Please contact [email protected] with your name and email address and we can try and track down the source of your subscription. As many here have already chimed in accurately, simply pressing unsubscribe on any of our mailings ensures you are permanently removed from our mailing list unless you actively re-subsribe down the road.

Are you aware that your site was hacked?

Moderator note: This thread was moved (FWIW not by me, although I might have done the same thing) because a claim was made last night by someone that involved a third party (besides APD or SL.) That's the kind of thing that can get us (soon to be me!) in legal trouble, so there's a bit of urgency when a moderator sees this. It's a tough call, and honestly, if it were me, just to be safe, I probably would have moved it, too.

In hindsight, it might have been better to just delete the new posts from the new member, but that can actually make us look worse, because then it often gets interpreted that we're censoring negative parts of a conversation. So instead, what we'll sometimes do is move the entire thread to a hidden section. Then we can think about what to do, and either put the thread back where it was, or leave it hidden.

I'm now reinstating the thread, although I deleted the questionable post (and subsequent post which quoted it.)

On a personal note, I'd like to ask a favor that people please don't turn this into a 20 page drama. I'm not officially even the owner yet, and I still have a lot to figure out about the forum workings, plus ... I do have a day gig which really, really needs my attention, so if my life could not be consumed by drama, I would greatly appreciate it. :grin:

What was in the post that warranted deletion and legal trouble?

What was in the post that warranted deletion and legal trouble?

If Mike and the moderators think they could tell us that without risking legal repercussions, then there would have been no reason to delete the post in the first place. Ne c'est pas?

My guess is that this Catch 22 is as uncomfortable for the moderators as it is for us rank and file members.

My guess is that this Catch 22 is as uncomfortable for the moderators as it is for us rank and file members.

Being a moderator means putting yourself in a position where there's a 60% chance you'll anger 40% of the membership, or a 40% of chance you'll anger 60% of the membership, and you have make the choice. It seems like Mike was prematurely thrust into this position, because someone needed to take the reins. I think he is doing everything he can to try to keep things rolling as smoothly as possible, but, figuratively speaking, his VI-C office hasn't even been designed and built yet!

I can't speak for VI-C, but until Mike can officially settle into his new chair in the weeks to come, anything we members can do to lighten the moderation workload would probably be very appreciated. That would include exercising patience in our quest for answers, wearing our thickest skin when dealing with conflict, and throwing water on lit matches instead of gasoline.

Top Bottom