What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

when you use VEP it is more cpu saver :) i could not be happier .. and you may check again this documents to tweak some of OPUS element
Interesting, forgot about this option. (THANKS for reminding me) :thumbsup:

HOOPUS is very CPU efficient on my Windows 10 PC.

I also have VE-Pro 7, so I might host HOOPUS in VE-Pro just to see if there is a major CPU usage difference.

OH.. and I had to re-install OPUS Player to add the VST2 version, I had only installed the VST3 version, but VE-Pro 7 can't host VST3. Hopefully they will update it so it is possible to host VST3, or maybe VE-Pro 8 will offer that.

Last edited:
I wish they provided a mixdown of the epic mics (or mic merging). Three mics going with several instruments (strings especially) and my cpu is starting to run out of steam.

Q. Is there a Niente option in OPUS Player ?

EDIT :

OK, just read this in the OPUS Orchestra User's Manual :

Quote:

"Abbreviations like Ni (Niente) have been removed from instrument naming, because
all instruments now use CC 11 (Expression) to fade to silence as a standard across the
entire library."

Last edited:
I emailed EW customer service about MIDI export in Logic

Here is the reply I received:

CleanShot 2021-10-19 at 20.24.25@2x.png

So, I opened the Installation Center and I did not have any updates available for either Opus or Orchestrator

I checked the version of Orchestrator in the Installation Center and it is 1.0.1
I did not see Opus anywhere in the Installation Center so I checked in my Mac's Application folder and the version of Opus I have is 1.0.4

Anyone else running into this issue?

So, I opened the Installation Center and I did not have any updates available for either Opus or Orchestrator

I checked the version of Orchestrator in the Installation Center and it is 1.0.1
I did not see Opus anywhere in the Installation Center so I checked in my Mac's Application folder and the version of Opus I have is 1.0.4

I have the same problem. Running Opus 1.0.4 on my Mac. But I see Opus 1.1 available on their support webpage

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.33.16 PM.png OK... I used the link above and downloaded/installed the Opus update. I had ver 1.04 and now have version 1.1.

However when I downloaded the Orchestrator update, I only get very small folder contain mostly containing empty folders and no instruction on what to do with it.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.33.16 PM.png OK... I used the link above and downloaded/installed the Opus update. I had ver 1.04 and now have version 1.1.

However when I downloaded the Orchestrator update, I only get very small folder contain mostly containing empty folders and no instruction on what to do with it.
Move it your EW application folder and replace what is there

If you happen to run your EW update again, it will try to "update" Orchestrator. Don't do it. It downgrades it from 1.1 back to 1.0.1. v1.0.1 does not support the MIDI export

OK... I did the updates. Using Logic. record? What to I drag and where do I drop it!

OK... I did the updates. Using Logic. record? What to I drag and where do I drop it!
Within the Orchestrator window there is a hand icon now in the lower right corner. This is where you left click and drag the midi export from and into your DAW. It works perfectly. Before you drag you need to load the export. You do that by playing the orchestration you currently have on that track. Stop when you are done. Then drag from the hand (left clicking) to an empty track in Logic. I didn't find a manual reference but it works similarly to other phrase library exports.

Confirmed: Done in Logic. This is a game changer for Logic. I'm putting this on my BF list - if on sale then, or Christmas Wish List. Works great. Thanks EW

Within the Orchestrator window there is a hand icon now in the lower right corner. This is where you left click and drag the midi export from and into your DAW. It works perfectly. Before you drag you need to load the export. You do that by playing the orchestration you currently have on that track. Stop when you are done. Then drag from the hand (left clicking) to an empty track in Logic. I didn't find a manual reference but it works similarly to other phrase library exports.
OK I played a C Major chord in Orchestrator on an ostinato preset

I then dragged the MIDI into Logic

But, Logic assigned all these random instruments to each MIDI track -- Is there a way to have Logic assign the instruments from HOOPUS or is that done manually?

Thank you

CleanShot 2021-10-20 at 10.23.47@2x.png

OK I played a C Major chord in Orchestrator on an ostinato preset

I then dragged the MIDI into Logic

But, Logic assigned all these random instruments to each MIDI track -- Is there a way to have Logic assign the instruments from HOOPUS or is that done manually?

Thank you

CleanShot 2021-10-20 at 10.23.47@2x.png
I noticed that too. I suspect that's a MIDI channel limitation. But the good news is that each exported MIDI track has the correct instrument and articulation label. I don't use Logic instruments anyway so this isn't a problem for me.

I noticed that too. I suspect that's a MIDI channel limitation. But the good news is that each exported MIDI track has the correct instrument and articulation label. I don't use Logic instruments anyway so this isn't a problem for me.
I rarely use Logic instruments - when I dragged the Orchestrator MIDI into Logic, Logic created all those tracks with the instruments, not me

But yes, the instruments used by Orchestrator are labeled in the regions, which is good

So, basically, the MIDI drag and drop is just a way to get the MIDI data into Logic so that it can be used with other libraries

Wow... I'll best sounded great! :shocked:

OK... just tried it for the first time in Logic... same thing... lots of strange instruments from the the Logic Library. It takes a while to with to the correct HO instruments, and even worse... you have to delete all of the effects that were on each of the Logic instruments!

What would happen if I delete the entire Logic Library, since I never use it any more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom