What's new

Hi from East Coast US

Cool to have a praise music player in the house. I gather you’ve already discovered / watched some of Simeon Amburgey’s videos on Youtube? If not I highly recommend it.

And welcome to VI-C.

Cool to have a praise music player in the house. I gather you’ve already discovered / watched some of Simeon Amburgey’s videos on Youtube? If not I highly recommend it.

And welcome to VI-C.
Well, thank you , though PM is not my forte...yet. I'm actually using orchestral VI's to beef up and supplement traditional liturgical - which is something of a "misnomer" I suppose, but no one around here seems to be doing it, and I thing it's about time to stir the pot and get some added instruments in the traditional organ/piano mix to make things emotional and interesting on a level not usually experienced by the average church-attendee. Ultimate plans are to incorporate sequences into the hymns/pieces played.

Well, thank you , though PM is not my forte...yet. I'm actually using orchestral VI's to beef up and supplement traditional liturgical - which is something of a "misnomer" I suppose, but no one around here seems to be doing it, and I thing it's about time to stir the pot and get some added instruments in the traditional organ/piano mix to make things emotional and interesting on a level not usually experienced by the average church-attendee. Ultimate plans are to incorporate sequences into the hymns/pieces played.
Ha! Very interesting. So in my neck of the woods (Netherlands) liturgical would mostly mean church organ pieces, and on special occassions maybe a brass ensemble, playing the traditional hymns. Although I am not a man of faith, I have thoroughly enjoyed church services, because I adore that music and -perhaps weirdly- enjoy a good sermon. This may have a lot to do with my upbringing.

But is that the type of music you’re beefing up? And am I right in thinking you’re using samples and electronic noises too eventually?

Ha! Very interesting. So in my neck of the woods (Netherlands) liturgical would mostly mean church organ pieces, and on special occassions maybe a brass ensemble, playing the traditional hymns. Although I am not a man of faith, I have thoroughly enjoyed church services, because I adore that music and -perhaps weirdly- enjoy a good sermon. This may have a lot to do with my upbringing.

But is that the type of music you’re beefing up? And am I right in thinking you’re using samples and electronic noises too eventually?
Ah yes!! Netherlands! Home to some of the word's finest pipe organs ever made!...Rotterdam, Gronigen etc. Hope to visit there some day!
Yes precisely! there is nothing like orchestral instruments mixing in with the standard repertoire in a large church with very nice acoustics - to give people a sense that there is something "unique" going on. Even Extra live musicians will appreciate the ensemble sound that will result.
Looking forward to getting some valuable info and advice from this forum! And perhaps offering a slightly different point of view with regards to what I am doing!

My hometown and home of two magnificent organs indeed

Looking forward to getting some valuable info and advice from this forum! And perhaps offering a slightly different point of view with regards to what I am doing!
Very cool journey you’re on. I think you’ll like this place. There are hobbyists like myself here, but also plenty of really knowledgable and kind professionals from all sorts of backgrounds, sharing their expertise. I’ve learned a LOT on here. I hope to see you around and I’d definitely love to hear some of your music too!

Thank you! I did not know about Streamtech Music - so you've already given me something new to explore! Thanks again for your advice and your welcoming responses. I look forward to learning new things here on this wonderful site!

Thank you! I did not know about Streamtech Music - so you've already given me something new to explore! Thanks again for your advice and your welcoming responses. I look forward to learning new things here on this wonderful site!
Allow me to list several other devs you didn't know about that will soon become central to your workflow!

Top Bottom