What's new

Help me to get to the right decision about Audio Modeling and Sample Modeling

This is genius...

As a former owner of AM (and current owner of SM) I was just about to point to this video. This shows (to me) what you can do with the instrument. This is exceptional, to my ear. Almost kicked myself for selling my AM strings...

SM strings are very good. I used to be a huge, huge, fan, but recently have relegated them to pretty good and not 'incredible' as I used to think of them. This is more a failing on my part than on theirs. I just don't have a good enough computer to get proper placement plugins to get them to sit perfectly with my mix.

However, their ability to impart musical intent as an ensemble is absolutely amazing. Fantastic performance capabilities.

So.. As far as Physically Modelled Instruments, I now have :

Audio Modeling :SWAM Solo Strings, SWAM Double Reeds
Sample Modeling : Solo & Ensemble Strings, and Brass Bundle
Propeller Head/Reason : Friktion

I need some awesome sounding Physically Modelled Solo Woodwinds ! Since I have no PM Woodwinds.

But, there aren't a lot of options for Woodwinds, mainly SWAM Woodwinds, or Aaron Venture Woodwinds.

When I create tracks with modeled instruments, I focus mainly on playing the part. Sometimes I simply keep my expression pedal about 75% cocked and only ride the mod wheel for vibrato. After I record the part, I go back and start sculpting out the performance using my mouse to adjust note velocity, timing, and length, and to draw in expression and other CC data. I can spend hours doing this on a solo instrument track, but the results are worth it.
What CC usually assign to expression pedal and what to MOD-Wheel?

I need some awesome sounding Physically Modelled Solo Woodwinds ! Since I have no PM Woodwinds.

But, there aren't a lot of options for Woodwinds, mainly SWAM Woodwinds, or Aaron Venture Woodwinds

For me between Infinite Woodwinds and Swam, the choice would be quickly made, it's Swam.
My opinion is still based on the demos I've heard because I don't own either, so I might be wrong.
Swam Woodwinds because it is once again physical modeling, therefore capable of imitating all the subtleties of the original instrument.
However, as with strings, it will be tedious to create ensemble, and this is the only advantage that IW could have over AM Woodwinds.

I just wanted to add that Sample Modeling Strings demos sound terrific to my ears, amazingly realistic, and certainly better than the Audio Modeling strings ensemble demos I've heard on YouTube(not the official ones, since Audio Modeling simply don't have any official ensemble demos).
I wonder how much knowledge and experience are demanded in order to be able to create such a magnificent mock ups.

And that Strings Modeling important for me particularly because I want controllable Tremolo, among other things.
As a (maybe I can call myself at this point ex) guitarist, I know how it is with Tremolo, among other similarities that plucked strings instruments and bowed strings instruments share.

Oh, and does any of SM and AM doublebass capable for fingerstyle articulations?
It's essential for jazz...

Audio Modeling Flutes are $250. , I wonder if they will have a BF Sale ?

A great sounding, flexible, and agile PM Flute is my next obsession as far as PM Instruments are concerned.

I ended up with SM Brass and Strings and AM woodwinds.
I'm waiting for this for years, before Audio Modeling even existed.

Hopefully, the concerns I had about these instruments will vanished now that I have them.

Last edited:
I ended up with SM Brass and Strings and AM woodwinds.
I'm waiting for this for years, before Audio Modeling even existed.

Hopefully, the concerns I had about these instruments will vanished now that I have them.

Congratulation !

You have a great set of Instruments now :2thumbs: Enjoy, and make music.

Hey, don't know if that's related to the original discussion, but I still didn't got any email with download instruction from Sample Modeling, I'm starting to worry.

Hey, I still didn't got any email with download instruction from Sample Modeling, I'm starting to worry.

Check if you have an email from 'Share-it' You won't get an email from Sample Modeling.

I got my download links, and codes from Share-it after I purchased their Brass Bundle by a few minutes.

Check if you have an email from 'Share-it' You won't get an email from Sample Modeling.

I got my download links, and codes from Share-it after I purchased their Brass Bundle by a few minutes.
No, I didn't got email from them...

No, I didn't got email from them...

'MyCommerce' handles their orders, so you most likely registered as a new customer with them ? if not I would contact them via email, or Sample Modeling, to see if they can help you get your download and license email/s.

'MyCommerce' handles their orders, so you most likely registered as a new customer with them ? if not I would contact them via email, or Sample Modeling, to see if they can help you get your download and license email/s.
Just sent an email to them
I never bought from them before.
Do you say I have to register to their website in order to download my Sample Modeling products?
So why didn't they tell me that via email message...Anyway I'll check it out now.

Do you say I have to register to their website in order to download my Sample Modeling products?
So why didn't they tell me that via email message...Anyway I'll check it out now.

No, not with Sample Modeling, but I registered with MyCommerce. Anyways.. I'm sure they will be able to help you get your order sorted out, and email you the info.

Top Bottom