What's new

Having trouble getting enough velocity into Cubase with my Yamaha P-121

Dylanguitar

I bought a Yamaha P-121 a few months back because I really liked the feel/action of the keys. It has resistance, but not too tough (I'm mainly a guitar player so I wanted something easy, but still weighted.)
I put together the stand last night and finally got around to hooking it up to my daw, and I noticed that even playing on the keys as hard as I can, I can only input a velocity of around 105. And that's with me using a lot of force. I checked the manual and there are 4 velocity settings you can toggle on the keyboard, none of which increase the velocity going into Cubase.
Does anybody who is familiar with this keyboard or this problem know a solution to this? Thanks!!

Hi,
Unfortunately I fear you’re out of luck. Yamaha seem to have limited the midi velocity output of their recent Digital Pianos. You can hit it with a brick and it won’t output much above 100-110 ☹️
There are a few threads on here discussing this historically if you feel the need to search.
This issue was the deciding factor in my purchasing a Roland FP30x over the Yamaha.

Top Bottom