What's new

Hans Zimmer Strings - 40% off thread

I took the plunge and bought HZStrings the other day. I think the soft, lush sound it offers is quite remarkable. Lots of chatter about how disappointed certain people were with it not being bombastic enough. I find it remarkably versatile. It also layers extremely well with SF Chamber Strings as people in this string referenced . If anyone is on the fence about purchasing, here's a little snippet of something I'm working on where I layer the two. It's just my acoustic guitar and HZS and Chamber Strings (and a little Harp Swarm).

Agree about it being remarkably versatile. Enjoyed the guitar work!

Loving it so far. Few questions, can I change the default loading articulation, it loads all the cellos first,? And I take it there is no purge option?

Loving it so far. Few questions, can I change the default loading articulation, it loads all the cellos first,? And I take it there is no purge option?

Yes you can, click on the cog wheel on the top right, then click settings, plugin, and then there you can have it load what default patch. I haven't seen a purge function, but from what I have experienced, I have never needed it and works solid.

Glad you are loving it!

Yes you can, click on the cog wheel on the top right, then click settings, plugin, and then there you can have it load what default patch. I haven't seen a purge function, but from what I have experienced, I have never needed it and works solid.

Glad you are loving it!

I tend to have a lot purged in my template, but that's fine if it's not possible, I can set up drag and drop presets. I am really loving the sound. It's rather quiet in places, but the sound is spot on Zimmer ( not for all his movies, of course, but really nails the sound imo.)

Thank you for your help.

I tend to have a lot purged in my template, but that's fine if it's not possible, I can set up drag and drop presets. I am really loving the sound. It's rather quiet in places, but the sound is spot on Zimmer ( not for all his movies, of course, but really nails the sound imo.)

Thank you for your help.

Sound is next to none. One thing I found is that, while some patches are quiet, once you start adding mic positions, you'll notice it will get much much louder. Each mic position probably can add anywhere from 1-3db, depending on the level.

Top Bottom