What's new

Godzilla vs. Kong scored by...

I like your avatar.

Team Kong
king kong vs. godzilla | Tumblr

I doubt it's gonna be better than this masterpiece, but hope never dies...

And actually the 1976 King Kong was my first film I've ever seen in the cinema, and I loved the experience so much, my parents had to take me to another screening of that same film in another cinema theatre we were passing on our way home from that first screening. :laugh:

So maybe I should go over to team Kong...?
Já nevím, netuším   *157*

He's trying to ram a whole tree down his throat hahaha. That just doesn't happen in modern movies.
Especially with the music, old movies still hold something special for me that modern one's lack.

Got me thinking now, what was my first cinema experience. Was 70's I'm sure, but need to think.

king kong vs. godzilla | Tumblr

I doubt it's gonna be better than this masterpiece, but hope never dies...

And actually the 1976 King Kong was my first film I've ever seen in the cinema, and I loved the experience so much, my parents had to take me to another screening of that same film in another cinema theatre we were passing on our way home from that first screening. :laugh:

So maybe I should go over to team Kong...?
Já nevím, netuším   *157*
That clip alone just might be better than anything I've seen in a long-ass time!

That clip alone just might be better than anything I've seen in a long-ass time!
The 1962 film is definitely worth watching. The final fight is something you won't see anywhere else and ever forget. :roflmao:

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) | Godzilla | Know Your Meme

He's trying to ram a whole tree down his throat hahaha. That just doesn't happen in modern movies.
Especially with the music, old movies still hold something special for me that modern one's lack.
I'm starting to watch older films I've never seen and some of the aspects that are so great do not exists in the current films anymore.
Like I watch all the Hammer Productions horrors now. The film it was shot on and the cameras they were using give it that sweet old-school warm patina. All the matte paintings of the locations are incredible! The practical effects bring sooo much to the atmosphere! And all those sensibilities it was done with... like those shots of graveyards, full of fog, climbing plants, spider webs, archaic tombstones and crooked tree branches, sooo awesooome.

And f**k how do I hate these modern vampires. :roflmao: But those hammer production films have those old-school vampires, who prowl though the night and kill people viciously, haunt their victims in their dreams so they slowly drain their strength away to make them helpless from their final strike. Seducing young ladies so they can bite them into the neck and suck their titties (it's just there, what can I do...). :laugh: (Some of those films are based on the 1892 gothic horror novella Carmilla, which is about a lesbian vampire, yea in 1892! :), having crush on the main female protagonist.)
I think the cast made those characters justice...

And you know, counts do satanic rites with disgusting bloody sacrifices of young women to overcome their boredom of ordinary mundane lifes and pleasures. And peasants grab their pitchforks and torches to burn castles of those perverts down, while those laugh in their faces since they know fire can't destroy their being. Just all that good classic horror stuff.

Plus, I thought the films will be like some borderline schlock, and believe it or not, those films have some pretty solid scripts, really focused, a lot of times incredibly well structured with such a great gradation! Love watching those.
And the composers were classically trained, so, you know, there's some great symphonicity to the music...

When your kids wont eat their broccoli!
Yep.
It's Full Of Fiber, Motherfucka! GIF - Funny Movies Godzilla ...

Latest GIF | Gfycat

:laugh:

The 1962 film is definitely worth watching. The final fight is something you won't see anywhere else and ever forget. :roflmao:

This is no exaggeration, simply one of the best showdowns :grin:

Kong gets an octopus stuck on his head... drugged (twice)... his belly burnt... blown up with TNT.
That's before he gets into a scrap with zilla!!

This is no exaggeration, simply one of the best showdowns :grin:

Kong gets an octopus stuck on his head... drugged (twice)... his belly burnt... blown up with TNT.
That's before he gets into a scrap with zilla!!
You're absolutely right. I totally forgot about the octopus and stuff. Must rewatch it. :grin:

Giant Octopus - Gallery | Gojipedia | Fandom

I'm sure the dude in the Zilla costume suffered some serious cerebral damage that day. One of those vampire Hammer flics may have been my very first movie experience. They used to show them all the time for the Saturday afternoon matinees back in the early 1970's. Godzilla and other goodies were usually on the Friday Night Frights in full 5-inch, B&W Philco glory. And thank God for Carl Kolchak! It was all about imagination back then, was it not?

Last year I attended a projection of Nosferatu, with a live soundtrack performed by a Jean-François Zygel quartet (percussions, horns, ondes Martenot, Cristal Baschet, Celesta, etc.).

Out of the event, many kids were terrified and the adults were stunned.
Wow, that must have been great! I love Murnau's Nosferatu. I had some different versions with soundtracks made out of church organ, and one with some weird noisy sounds, like some romanticist industrial. :)

Real JXL said:
“On Godzilla vs. Kong, I said, ‘I think we need the biggest bass drum on the planet for this score. I know the guy who can build it, what do you think?’ They just said, ‘Let's do it.’ So I said I want a bass drum that is at least eight feet in diameter,” he laughed. “The guy called me back, and he asked, ‘Is it okay if it’s only six?’ I said, ‘Could we do eight? Why can’t we do ten?’ The answer was, ‘Well, there’s simply no cow alive that has a skin big enough to cover for a ten-foot bass drum.’ So, we have to scale it down to eight.”

“It was worth the money.”
:laugh:

Not a fan of Junkie's music his music is too loud for the sake of it, however with this movie it does make sense to go loud and big because, well, its a giant monster movie!

Top Bottom