What's new

Getting rid of tape hiss

Have you tried a noise reduction plugin? Examples.....iZotope RX or elements module, Waves VX Clarity, etc...

RX is good with vocals and background noise not so good with a whole mix

It makes the whole mix sound like it's coming from a toilet
Weird. That's not my experience with it at all, even using its automated processes. Are you referring to the plugins within the DAW or the actual editor app?

RX is good with vocals and background noise not so good with a whole mix

It makes the whole mix sound like it's coming from a toilet
RX is extremely capable, but in order to get the best results, it comes with quite a learning curve.
What you describe sounds like wrong usage of the program.

You could write the support about your problem, most likely they will give you some hints how to get the best results.

Not an app, but a plugin from Melda : MSpectralDynamics

Select the preset Denoiser, go to Edit, use a Modulator "Follower" to adjust the parameter "Processor 1- Threshold". Adjust the settings of the modulator to remove noise with low and high signal level. This way you keep the low level signal safe.
To get a good result you need to undestand the plugin.
Do not over exagerate or like you say it will sound like it's coming from a toilet.

I use it to remove the noise an library recorded with "the finest and rarest vintage valve and ribbon microphones onto 2" tape".

Select the preset Denoiser, go to Edit, use a Modulator "Follower" to adjust the parameter "Processor 1- Threshold". Adjust the settings of the modulator to remove noise with low and high signal level. This way you keep the low level signal safe.
Do not over exagerate or like you say it will sound like it's coming from a toilet.

I use it to remove the noise an library recorded with "the finest and rarest vintage valve and ribbon microphones onto 2" tape".
I like this one too

Weird. That's not my experience with it at all, even using its automated processes. Are you referring to the plugins within the DAW or the actual editor app?
I think like others here said the fault was my own learning curve

The actual app

The full version of this is on sale right now for four days

It's at the same price as the LE version

Nice I might succumb to GAS once again

Top Bottom