What's new

Gap (from Dark Phoenix) by Hans Zimmer - Cover

Ahmad Ali

I got addicted to this theme/cue the moment I heard it in one of the released clips. I immediately started worked on a cover/mockup. Not perfect and I'm certainly not happy with the mix - had some limitations with my DAW and PC.

Let me know what you think :)

EDIT: Since I wasn't quite happy with the way the track came out, I went back and tweaked it a little.

I'll keep the old version for reference here:

Last edited:

I got addicted to this theme/cue the moment I heard it in one of the released clips. I immediately started worked on a cover/mockup. Not perfect and I'm certainly not happy with the mix - had some limitations with my DAW and PC.

Let me know what you think :)

one thing i'll say about the original which makes it great is the harmony/melody is not exposed like this. maybe try a more subtle imply of the theme rather than have it so obvious like this. it will make it alot more emotional and dramatic. at the moment i cant feel like your version is communicating anything. the heart/soul is missing and without that this could just be an AI imitation of han's piece.

Danny

one thing i'll say about the original which makes it great is the harmony/melody is not exposed like this. maybe try a more subtle imply of the theme rather than have it so obvious like this. it will make it alot more emotional and dramatic. at the moment i cant feel like your version is communicating anything. the heart/soul is missing and without that this could just be an AI imitation of han's piece.

Danny

Thank you for the note, I'll definitely keep it mind in my next projects. But just to get a clearer idea, are you talking about the counter melody? Or the arpeggios (which are definitely much more pronounced in my version)?

Top Bottom