What's new

For Sale FS: Yellow River Sound's Gu Zheng; Best Service's Voyager Drums (Full Edition)

Mark Schmieder

Best Service libraries have a uniform policy of 25 euros license transfer fee, paid by the seller, which I must pad for the vagaries of currency exchange and various currency and PayPal fees.

Yellow River Sound Gu Zheng -- one of the three best in my opinion; I currently rank it only slightly behind the one from Impact Soundworks. It has 14 articulations, and four mics to mix. It runs on Engine, not Kontakt, but not Engine license is necessary (it's a free player). Goes for $129 new; asking $35 including the 25 euro license transfer fee that I pay to Best Service.

Best Service's Voyager Drums (Full Edition) -- Yamaha Maple Custom, and Yamaha Recording Custom -- well-recorded, but I prefer to focus on just one workflow, which for me is now Toontrack Superior Drummer -- note that this is an ENGINE library, but ENGINE is free -- this goes for $100 new; I only ask the transfer fee, without even a safety zone: $30 in total.

I have the full edition of Voyager, which is marked as "Bdl." for "Bundle". I started and then canceled a trial run at transferring this license to make sure it isn't bound to some other product and thus NFR, and everything went fine, so there should be no issues once I have a buyer. Please respect the fact that I am giving it away for free; I may even lose money if the exchange rate turns south.

Bundle prices for multiple purchases, and freebies from amongst cheaper stuff by other vendors (see my other ads).

Last edited:
I decided that it's simpler to offer the Best Service libraries in one listing, as they have a uniform policy of 25 euros license transfer fee, paid by the seller, which I would pad for the vagaries of currency exchange and various currency and PayPal fees.

Although three of the Galaxy Pianos (excluding Vintage D) can be bought as a suite new for $259 and are sold individually for $115, I bought the four separately during special sales, so I can only sell them separately, meaning two transfer fees vs. one for the set (as two are now sold anyway).

Galaxy II Steinway -- Model D70 (Hamburg) -- $40 on its own (including fees)
Galaxy II Vienna Grand -- Boesendorfer Imperial 290 -- $40 on its own (including fees)

-- $75 for the remaining two together; the fees that I pay to Best Service are the same (50 euros), but I consolidate my margin of error in the exchange rate and PayPal cut, as well as foreign exchange fees.

The Galaxy II Pianos are Kontakt Player libraries, not requiring a full Kontakt license.

Voyager Drums -- Yamaha Maple Custom, and Yamaha Recording Custom -- well-recorded, but I prefer to focus on just one workflow, which for me is now Toontrack Superior Drummer -- note that this is an ENGINE library, but ENGINE is free -- this goes for $100 new; I only ask the transfer fee plus a safety zone: $35 in total.

I have the full edition of Voyager, but it is marked as "Bdl." and on that same date a freebie sampler pack of all Best Service libs was registered. So there's a mild possibility that resale isn't allowed. More likely, the free sampler pack comes with it. Best Service is VERY responsive though, so once you know you want Voyager Drums, I can inquire to make sure its license can be transferred. It isn't in my Best Service order history so I think I bought it from Plug-in Deals vs. directly from Best Service.

Organum Venezia -- a French romantic organ that runs on the free ENGINE player -- I have the expensive VSL organ and it has so many stops that I rarely need another organ source anymore -- this sells for $90 new; I only ask the transfer fee plus a cushion for fees: $35 in total.

Alpine Volksmusik -- lots of different accordions, brass, yodeling, and more, and it runs on the free ENGINE player. This sells for $200 new; I am only asking $55, including the transfer fees.

Chris Hein Guitars -- Arch-Top (Finger-style and Plectrum), Nylon, Electric, Acoustic, Banjo, Mandolin -- this sells for $190 new; asking just $50 inclusive of the transfer fees.

Chris Hein Horns Compact -- I am not sure if this can be sold, if it contributed towards a discount on the full edition. If you know you want it, inquire and I'll look into it. Sells for $190 new; asking just $50 inclusive of the transfer fees.

If you buy them all, I can pull down my cushion a bit more, as the PayPal fees do scale down a bit when combined.

I will take your CH compact horns if it's available. Thanks!

purchased Chris Hein Bass - transfer from Mark was a breeze, kept me well informed and the transfer from Best Service was completed in a day - recommended!

After all the effort Mark had to expend to work out the details of the transfer process with Best Service, I should add another positive feedback post: Everything went smoothly (it was just a lot of individual licenses in the end), Mark kept me apprised of every step along the way, and if anyone is interested in one of the remaining libraries, I can strongly recommend Mark as a very fair seller.

Best Service libraries have a uniform policy of 25 euros license transfer fee, paid by the seller, which I would pad for the vagaries of currency exchange and various currency and PayPal fees.

After many hours of usage, comparisons, and review, I decided to part with all of my Chris Hein Orchestral libraries (but not the jazz library), as the timbre is so close to VSL that I don't see the benefit of continuing with both, given the differences in available articulations. These are magnificent libraries though, and if I didn't already own VSL, I'd probably stick with these instead.

This is the only Chris Hein Orchestra library that hasn't sold yet:

Chris Hein Ensemble Strings -- $400 new; asking $170 (including fees)

Although three of the Galaxy Pianos (excluding Vintage D) can be bought as a suite new for $259 and are sold individually for $115, I bought the four separately during special sales, so I can only sell them separately, meaning two transfer fees vs. one for the set (as two are now sold anyway).

Galaxy II Steinway -- Model D70 (Hamburg) -- $40 on its own (including fees)
Galaxy II Vienna Grand -- Boesendorfer Imperial 290 -- $40 on its own (including fees)

-- $75 for the remaining two Galaxy Pianos together; the fees that I pay to Best Service are the same (50 euros), but I consolidate my margin of error in the exchange rate and PayPal cut, as well as foreign exchange fees.

The Galaxy II Pianos are Kontakt Player libraries, not requiring a full Kontakt license.

Voyager Drums -- Yamaha Maple Custom, and Yamaha Recording Custom -- well-recorded, but I prefer to focus on just one workflow, which for me is now Toontrack Superior Drummer -- note that this is an ENGINE library, but ENGINE is free -- this goes for $100 new; I only ask the transfer fee plus a safety zone: $35 in total.

I have the full edition of Voyager, but it is marked as "Bdl." and on that same date a freebie sampler pack of all Best Service libs was registered. So there's a mild possibility that resale isn't allowed. More likely, the free sampler pack comes with it. Best Service is VERY responsive though, so once you know you want Voyager Drums, I can inquire to make sure its license can be transferred. It isn't in my Best Service order history so I think I bought it from Plug-in Deals vs. directly from Best Service.

If you buy them all, I can pull down my cushion a bit more, as the PayPal fees do scale down a bit when combined.

Mark,

I would like to purchase the Chris Hein Ensemble Strings.
Please contact me.

Thank you,
Eloy
[email protected]

Everything is now sold except for Voyager Drums (including the just-posted Chris Hein Chromatic Harmonica), which is a really nice drum library at or above the quality of NI Abbey Road Drums, but I prefer doing my drum work in dedicated drum applications.

Voyager is two high-quality Yamaha drum kits: Yamaha Maple Custom, and Yamaha Recording Custom.

Please respect the fact that I am giving it away for free; I may even lose money if the exchange rate turns south, as my price is now almost on par with the transfer fee once converted to dollars from euros.

Hi !
I don't quite understand. Does the The Chris Hein harmonica comes with Voyager Drums ??
Best regards,
GM

As stated, the harmonica library sold. The Voyager Drums library is a bargain regardless, as it's the full edition, and I'm only charging the amount of the transfer fee from Best Service so am effectively giving it away for free. It's still cheaper than the skimmed-down light edition of the drums, so either way, it's a great deal, even if you're not sure if you need or want the full edition.

Down to the final two libraries in this set. Prices put me at risk of losing money due to currency exchange rates, so I'm surprised these two have only received scant attention. They're both way above average in their class. I just have too many choices, which slows me down.

Top Bottom