What's new

Free Update 1.1 Available for Best Service The Score, by Sonuscore - A New Way of Scoring

Wow, tough room here, makes one question why a company would ever try to do something new because it will just get blown into the weeds.

Personally I think this is a great set of tools, plan on buying it and supporting their effort. Great job Sonuscore!

Seems a good product for those just getting into the world of sample libraries and writing music, a shame they didn't release their engine as a plugin itself, it would have probably been a fun idea generator

Wow, tough room here, makes one question why a company would ever try to do something new because it will just get blown into the weeds.
You know....there is this little thing in life called 'trial and error' and even 'failure'.
Where in the playbook of life and business does it say that everything a company produces will be loved by all.....or even loved by the majority?

I guess I'm the target audience. I'm tempted but I also feel like I would be cheating. On the other hand, with the possibility to export the midi, it could also become a learning tool.
Don't see it as cheating! If you can make something great with tools provided, do it. The only downside is you'll get VI snobs snickering "lol all they did was use preset 08 from The Score", but just remember that they don't matter. Let it be your inspiration, and don't let the ease of use of a product make you feel like some hack. There are still people who believe that we are frauds because we compose with sampled instruments.

Can anyone please comment on the modules (Melody, Progressions) rather than commenting trailer and/or a header?

Speculation ended while ago.

It's like a "writer's block buddy", looks like a pretty handy creative too.

A fun use would be to dial in the totally wrong genre/story for a cue. :2thumbs:

There are still people who believe that we are frauds because we compose with sampled instruments.
Who would those people be? I've never seen any here. With that logic, you would have to say that composing for an orchestra with live players is a fraud.
Just a friendly reminder....the composer isn't the one playing the instruments....regardless whether sampled or live.

I guess I'm the target audience. I'm tempted but I also feel like I would be cheating. On the other hand, with the possibility to export the midi, it could also become a learning tool.
Every time a product like this comes out the word "cheating" pops up and I always ask cheating who?
To me it's just a ridiculous argument because most average listeners don't really care or ask what tools were used to create.

Regarding the crossgrade option, the four-week time limit is a bit of a head-scratcher, considering that one month from today, BMI quarterly royalty payments will arrive. As things stand, the crossgrade option will expire just three days before many of us have extra money to spend.

Best,

Geoff

Who would those people be? I've never seen any here. With that logic, you would have to say that composing for an orchestra with live players is a fraud.
Just a friendly reminder....the composer isn't the one playing the instruments....regardless whether sampled or live.
I'm going to guess you miss the posts where people assert with no sense of irony or self awareness that members of a sampled instrument community should just hire real players when they ask about what libraries can do a specific style. :laugh:

Some say this product makes it too easy but I would argue that a composer working with this is challenged with composing original music with it without sounding like everybody else who bought it. That's where the creativity comes in. The more baked in stuff the harder it is to do that. This doesn't relieve a creative of being creative. It's just another tool and you take what you can use and throw out the rest. I don't take issue with the concept. In fact I love it. I just want to know more about the sample content and whether or not it's the same as The Orchestra's raw sound. That may be my only sticking point.

Personally I think this is a great set of tools, plan on buying it and supporting their effort. Great job Sonuscore!
because it is not new. its just a warmed meal (of the same company)
with more salt and pepper. in the gaming industry one would say: money grab. But if you take it was it finally is - a toy to play around it might work and be worth the money. buyer has do decide and who are we to judge? right? right!

@marko1 @SONUSCORE I'll repeat my questions incase they're lost in the noise - Is this all new sample content or are they taken from The Orchestra series?

When the video mentions there being over 600 presets, is that counting each of the variations in the 120 stories as a different preset?

Can arrangements in the chord studio also be dragged out as midi?

Are there any plans for more stories to be added in the future? 120 isn't a lot when you start breaking them down into the multitude of genres available, even if they're only used as inspiration starters.

Right, I'm talking about gatekeepers (or just internet trolls) that whine about that sort of thing. I've seen people make that argument myself here and there, but not on VI-C.

Top Bottom