What's new

Flugelhorn?

You don’t need it. The SP version’s main selling point is it makes available the instrument (and the sample parts) in that engine. If that is of no interest to you, there is no advantage at all. The Kontakt version is great.
Thanks. Sometimes it is a bit confusing as 8Dio does not always clearly tell about the differences. I think in the recently released Soundpaint version of Rhythmic Auras I Acoustics has changes in patches and perhaps some content as well, but it is hard to tell without seeing for yourself.

Sometimes it is a bit confusing as 8Dio does not always clearly tell about the differences.
This is true. They usually port most of the core samples, but patches are always going to differ, because of the entirely different engines, fx, etc. So it is never going to be a 1:1 affair. Generally speaking the SP version usually is a bit more hybrid sounddesign-y.

The SP Flugelhorn and the Sax ports feature the color control, which supposedly can change the tonal color of an instrument and make it something completely new (an alto sax becomes a tenor sax, a flugelhorn becomes a French horn). For ten bucks, I will give the Flugelhorn a shot, just to try that control.

Scarlet Jerry

The SP Flugelhorn and the Sax ports feature the color control, which supposedly can change the tonal color of an instrument and make it something completely new (an alto sax becomes a tenor sax, a flugelhorn becomes a French horn). For ten bucks, I will give the Flugelhorn a shot, just to try that control.

Scarlet Jerry
Impressions so far on this flugelhorn in SP?

I really like it. The tuba color mode preset has too much lag to be useful, but the French horn color preset is warm and beautiful. It’s worth the $10 fee.

Scarlet Jerry
Sounds like a great sound for $10.

Did some research here and seems like many in these threads like the sound of this 8dio Flugelhorn.

Highly regarded.

Sounds like a great sound for $10.

Did some research here and seems like many in these threads like the sound of this 8dio Flugelhorn.

Highly regarded.
Yes, I would consider the 8Dio flugelhorn the best and most natural sounding instrument in the Century Brass series. I'm not surprised that they decided to make it their first orchestral brass instrument ported over to Soundpaint.

Top Bottom