What's new

FINALLY OUT: Daniela Mars Contrabass Flute (50% Off Sale: $39.99)

Auddict

Artist Series: Daniela Mars Contrabass Flute
50% Off Sale ($39.99)

Immerse yourself in the rich, unparalleled world of our contrabass flute, boasting a massive 25GB of deep-sampled articulations, extended techniques, and advanced tone control.

We delivered as many of your amazing suggestions as we could. There's an absolutely phenomenal legato set with three types of vibrato (or non vibrato), different expressive shapes of sustain note, standard and extended techniques, with up to 16RR and 5dynamics in the shorts... and not to mention a beautiful new GUI design.

BUY NOW

6625851e0b9b87d27e2f0050_image%2041.png

Offering 16-round robin staccato, flutter and triple tongue techniques, air tones, tongue rams, plus detailed control over air and key noises, it promises to elevate your music to unprecedented heights.

Legendary ORIGINAL Neuman M50 Decca Tree

66258c588d825cdab9ab4c82_Group%2047%20(2).png

THREE Legato Types & Expressive Note Shaping

65ce4306daf601505654a50d_interfaceBlue-p-1080.jpg

25GB. 4X MIC POSITIONS. VIBRATO/NON-VIBRATO. VIBRATO SPEED OPTIONS. LEGENDARY NEUMANN M50 DECCA TREE MIC POSITION. SUSTAINS & LEGATOS WHISPER QUIET TO FORTE. 3X LEGATO TYPES & 6X EXPRESSIVE NOTE SHAPE TYPES. ADJUSTABLE SUSTAIN SHAPE. 5 DYN X16 RR STACCATO. AIR TONE. FLUTTER TONGUE. KEY NOISE CONTROL. SPOKEN SYLLABLE TONES 16RR. TONGUE RAMS. TRIPLE TONGUE.

BUY NOW

Okay, that really surpassed my expectations.
Sounds fantastic, congratulations on the release!
Can't wait to hear the rest of the line-up now.
Can't lie - we're completely over the moon with how this one turned out. Threw a bunch of new things in and it's an absolute beast and plays like a human

The contrabass flute is an amazing instrument, so happy you have sampled it.

The library sounds great from the videos and thank you for introducing me to a new instrumentalist of this particular instrument.

Thanks all for the kind words. If anyone happens to create anything interesting with it - please do send it in and we'll select some to share on here and on our site! It's quite an obscure and feature-full one so all sorts of things can be done with it!

The contrabass flute is an amazing instrument, so happy you have sampled it.

The library sounds great from the videos and thank you for introducing me to a new instrumentalist of this particular instrument.
She is a fantastic musician, absolutely give her a listen/follow!

@Auddict , just wondering if a revision could make the samples compressed. It should be possible to halve the size of the library on the drive.

Paolo

Last edited:
@Auddict , just wondering if a revision could make the samples compressed. It should be possible to halve the size of the library on the drive.

Paolo
Will certainly consider. Compressing, as far as I remember, destroys the folder structure, so we usually leave it up to the customer to choose to compress it themselves or not (drop a DM if you're not sure how to do this!), but if it's a majority vote we can certainly look to do that! We have a lot of people in the sort of drag and drop/cinematic area of things too who actually requested a tighter category structure for the wavs, so opted to keep it like this and leave it down to the user to compress or not.

Will certainly consider. Compressing, as far as I remember, destroys the folder structure, so we usually leave it up to the customer to choose to compress it themselves or not (drop a DM if you're not sure how to do this!), but if it's a majority vote we can certainly look to do that! We have a lot of people in the sort of drag and drop/cinematic area of things too who actually requested a tighter category structure for the wavs, so opted to keep it like this and leave it down to the user to compress or not.
does this mean you provide the raw samples? - (which is just what I like from sample instruments)

Just fiddled around some, and you can add me to the 'blown away' list. This is fantastic.

we usually leave it up to the customer to choose to compress it themselves or not
I was going to answer you that I know how to compress to NCW in Kontakt. But then I tried to do it on an older library from another company, and both K6 and K7 crashed before ending the conversion. Groan.

I'll see if it works with the Contrabass Flute.

EDIT: @Auddict , unfortunately it didn't work for me. Kontakt created new samples (using about one third of space!), but with a different structure. When trying to open the new Instruments with K6 or K7, it stalled looking for a sample that it couldn't find.

I would be happy to know if there are specific instructions to which I can be redirected.

Paolo

Last edited:
I'd buy this in an instant if the size was a bit more reasonable. I might be in this alone, but I strongly think that in 2024 we shouldn't be using a "massive size" as an actual salespoint. While storage space is relativeley cheap nowadays, there's absolutely no reason to fill it up just for the sake of it- and even though I have a kazillion SSD's lying around in my closet, my motherboard isn't taking any more of them!

25 GB for a single (and rather niche) instrument isn't unfortunately in my books a good thing, but the one reason that keeps me actually to not to buy it right now. I hope you will find a way to compress the samples, and if you do, I'm happy to buy this right away then.

PS: @ptram , out of curiosity- if the compression would work, how much of size reduction could we be theoretically talking about?

Same boat here. Sounds very good from the video, but file size too much I guess. One option could be to offer two downloads one with big size, one with smaller size (maybe less micros and compressed)?

I've got a case of Contrabass fever and there is only one way to fight it! :dancer:
(though yes, you'd probably be better off compressing this bad girl and then offering the raw samples as optional download)

@ptram , out of curiosity- if the compression would work, how much of size reduction could we be theoretically talking about?
It went down to just above 11GB, from the original over 29GB.

While storage space is relatively cheap nowadays, there's absolutely no reason to fill it up
That's the same reason I have to save up to the last bit. When an expensive SSD is filled, you just replace it with a new, more expensive one. With no way to reuse the older one, since you have no more ports left…

The NCW format is lossless, and can be reverted to WAV by Kontakt. So, maybe it would be better to go for the smaller size, and let whomever needs the raw samples decompress them.

Paolo

Top Bottom