What's new

Film scores with extended brass techniques

Lassi Tani

Hey all! I'm in a search of film scores that use extended brass techniques. I'm specifically looking for contemporary sci-fi film scores. Are there any, which use extended techniques for brass extensively? Thank you in advance!

Bernard Herrmann's Score for the murder scene in Torn Curtain was rejected by Hitchcock on the sound stage...and fired him that day and never spoke to him again.

Thankfully Elmer Bernstein revisited it for his take on Cape Fear ( which was a remake of the original by Marty Scorsese and kept the score , by Benny !)

This a Textbook example of muted brass:

Best

e

Bernard Herrmann's Score for the murder scene in Torn Curtain was rejected by Hitchcock on the sound stage...and fired him that day and never spoke to him again.

Thankfully Elmer Bernstein revisited it for his take on Cape Fear ( which was a remake of the original by Marty Scorsese and kept the score , by Benny !)

This a Textbook example of muted brass:

Best

e

Thanks Ed! This is a great score, I really love the brass writing in this!

if you're after 'extended' extended, just get some Penderecki. Fluorescences, Polymorphia, there's some incredible brass in his religious pieces also.

Top Bottom