What's new

Favourite Library of 2017?

Heavier7strings.

After trying the demo, it was everything i expected and more. A one stop solution for everything Metal/Rock guitar related. When the inclusive amps/cabinets of a sample library are on par and better than third party amp sims, that alone is impressive.

Funny thing is: I haven't bought it yet:2thumbs:

Heavier7strings.

After trying the demo, it was everything i expected and more. A one stop solution for everything Metal/Rock guitar related. When the inclusive amps/cabinets of a sample library are on par and better than third party amp sims, that alone is impressive.

Funny thing is: I haven't bought it yet:2thumbs:
Then you must be a well-trained master of self-control. My due respect.

Intimate Testures from those I bought. Though the one that impressed me most from what I heard and saw this year was the Joshua Bell Violin. But I didn't buy it yet as I already have a fair collection of solo violins including the Virharmonic.

From what I was able to purchase:

Josh Bell Violin - Embertone
The Lowdown V2 - Modwheel
Blue Street Brass - Indiginus
Intimate Textures - Heavyocity

EDIT: Have to add Chamber Strings v2 - Light & Sound

Last edited:
Cinematic Studio Solo Strings. Hands down.
Don't have it, but it made me think of Light and Sound Chamber Strings, which is bloody awesome. It's "playable" in a similar spirit to Performance Samples et al, in that depending on exactly how you depress the keys, you can make a short or a long, and the short is really a short, not just a truncated long. Exceptionately controllable via touch.

Very impressive demos. As I always do when I'm tempted to buy a new toy, I take a second (sometimes first) look at similar, perhaps frayed and neglected toys I already possess. I actually bought this old one in 2017 - https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Solo_Strings_Bundle/Solo_Strings_I#!Demos - and I should probably continue learning to make the most out of it before buying a shinier replacement.
Here's some pieces where I used CSSS. So inspirational to work with.

Here's some pieces where I used CSSS. So inspirational to work with.

Very nice. You know how to put a good string library to use! How would you rate it for out-of-the-box playability?

Last edited:
Top Bottom