What's new

Favorite Physical Modeling VSTi in 2021... and Beyond!

TonalDynamics

Noodler Extraordinaire
Afternoon lads,

I've been delving into the world of granular synthesis of late, trying to discover the 'zen' of what its true musical possibilities are, and it got me wondering if there were any new P.M. offerings out there that have flown under my radar (I'm a big fan of AAS, but have yet to try Chromaphone 3, been using 2 for years).

What are some of your favorite/more recent physical modeling instruments (synth, acoustic simulation or otherwise)?

Cheers!

Last edited:
IK Multimedia MODO Bass and MODO Drums have allowed me to free up hard drive space that used to be dedicated to bass and drum libraries.

Aaron Venture Infinite Brass and Woodwinds are also awesome if using a combination of samples and physical modeling is allowed.

I love Reaktor but struggle to find the time to really have a good play with it. You could argue it is too deep of a synth, which becomes a barrier to many of us using it, which is a real shame.

I hear you. But boy… is it fun once you dive in. I sometimes wonder how REAKTOR has not really become THE platform for physical modelling? But I bet it has something to do with what you’re saying… complexity.

Top Bottom