What's new

Export Cubase Midi to Studio One

Crevalation

G'day All,
When exporting midi data out of Cubase, then drag and drop into Studio One, for some reason, the Cubase midi file does not contain tempo track data - I remember previously that midi export from Cubase has tempo data baked in, but it's not showing up in Studio One no matter what export setting I've tried in Cubase. Anyone has similar experience and solution? Many thanks in advance. Am on Cubase 13 and Studio One 5.

Sorry - I actually remember now how it was done - just drag and drop the midi event into the Tempo Track in Studio One, then voila the tempo data are all lined up perfect :)

Thank you for this. I am just getting back into this hobby and was trying to figure out how to move midi tracks from Cubase to S1. Mentioning I can just drag it is super simple and easy for me!

To transfer songs from Cubase to Studio One, you can also export Cubase Track Archives (XML format). Studio One can read them. This format transfers more data than a MIDI file... such as audio tracks/events. And specific instrument parts per track instead of one long MIDI part.

aaf-s1-imageonline.co-merged.png

To transfer songs from Cubase to Studio One, you can also export Cubase Track Archives (XML format). Studio One can read them. This format transfers more data than a MIDI file... such as audio tracks/events. And specific instrument parts per track instead of one long MIDI part.

Wow, this is super helpful! Many thanks Lukas!

On my end, Cubase has this grey'd out. Is this because its only usable for Audio files? Forgive me for my newbie question. I have only worked with midi before and I am still very new in this hobby.

On my end, Cubase has this grey'd out. Is this because its only usable for Audio files? Forgive me for my newbie question. I have only worked with midi before and I am still very new in this hobby.
I'm not sure, my latest version of Cubase is version 4 so I can't test in more recent versions. Does the manual say anything about this?

MusicXML in Cubase 13 works when in Score View - you can select all midi parts, open score view, then the export MusicXML won't be greyed out.

It seems to only specify single midi tracks at a time, which would obviously be super time consuming.

I did figure out how to export a test.xml but upon loading it into studio one, it reports to me that its broken.

EDIT: it magically it actually exported multiple. dont know what I did differently than last time with cubase. But it moved all my midi from 5 tracks over in one midi file.

Last edited:
It seems to only specify single midi tracks at a time, which would obviously be super time consuming.
To export all midi tracks, you can open score view after doing this : You can select all midi parts in the Project Window (zoom out timeline and select all midi parts), or in Cubase 13 go to the midi editor's new track visibility in the far left, check all midi tracks that you want to export.
1713996629928.png

To export all midi tracks, you can open score view after doing this : You can select all midi parts in the Project Window (zoom out timeline and select all midi parts), or in Cubase 13 go to the midi editor's new track visibility in the far left, check all midi tracks that you want to export.
1713996629928.png
super helpful. thanks. im loving the studio one drag and drop approach right now for tracks. going to try it out a bit with one drive syncing between desktop and laptop

This was about Track Archives, not MusicXML.
Sorry Lukas my bad - @erodred I actually led you down the wrong path of MusicXML. For export track archive in Cubase, the instructions below:

Last edited:
Top Bottom