What's new

Epic music - Emotional Orchestral

dannymc

Hey guys i thought i would share this with you. i had my first publicly promoted track uploaded on Epic music world which many of you might know is the biggest youtube channel for epic music out there with over 1.1million subs. wrote it over a year ago so the mix is something i have greatly improved on since. anyway hope you like it :)

Danny

Hey guys i thought i would share this with you. i had my first publicly promoted track uploaded on Epic music world which many of you might know is the biggest youtube channel for epic music out there with over 1.1million subs. wrote it over a year ago so the mix is something i have greatly improved on since. anyway hope you like it :)

Danny

I enjoyed it Danny. I think your mix is perfect. Not too dry. Not too reverberant. Congrats on getting a promoted track.

The mixing is good, but the composition is very, very cliché. It's just a chord-progression with little to no melodic lines.

What I miss in your piece (and a lot of other pieces on Epic Music World) is some ingenious compositions with interweaving melodic lines (counterpoint) with "answers and replies", and the arpeggio isn't continuously repeating itself, but serves as enhancing the emotional peak of the orchestral piece, similar to Ralph Vaughan Williams' works.

This lack of inventiveness and the lack of shifting back and forth between slow moving parts and the epicness, is what I feel makes most so-called epic pieces... everything but epic.

The mixing is good, but the composition is very, very cliché. It's just a chord-progression with little to no melodic lines.

What I miss in your piece (and a lot of other pieces on Epic Music World) is some ingenious compositions with interweaving melodic lines (counterpoint) with "answers and replies", and the arpeggio isn't continuously repeating itself, but serves as enhancing the emotional peak of the orchestral piece, similar to Ralph Vaughan Williams' works.

This lack of inventiveness and the lack of shifting back and forth between slow moving parts and the epicness, is what I feel makes most so-called epic pieces... everything but epic.

thanks. i guess you got to understand firstly the form that is epic/trailer music i.e. it has to be quite simplistic. i guess the best way to think of it is its the pop music of classical music/film music hence its not going to have complex harmonies found in traditional classical. but i take your point but i can tell you from working with trailer/epic labels as soon as you attempt to try something that you describe you will be meet with responses such as "too thematic, too score-like, too classical. its a tough balance to nail believe me.

Danny

Top Bottom