What's new

"Emergency" (feat. Shayna / KevinBmelo)

Polkasound

This is my latest endeavor... a contemporary pop tune featuring the vocal talents of Shayna (Chicago, IL) and rap artist KevinBmelo (Milwaukee, WI). The song is comprised of about 90 tracks, and took about 90 hours to complete from start to finish. Sorry, it doesn't have any strings, brass, or taiko drums, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

Last edited:
I don't know, it's not polka enough. And where are the Taikos?

All kidding aside, I like it. It has a nice beat, so you can dance to it, which is always good for pop music.

All kidding aside, I like it. It has a nice beat, so you can dance to it, which is always good for pop music.

Thanks, dzilizzi! When it comes to pop music, I tend favor songs that are vocal-centric and have a very danceable beat, probably because I grew up in the 80's. :)

I was going to say it was very 80's except for the rap in the middle. :)

Thanks! I know you meant that as a compliment, and I really appreciate it, but even though I drew on elements of '80s music for this song, I wasn't aiming for an '80s sound at all. :blush:

But a few years ago, I took a song from the 1800s and gave it a very 1980s arrangement...

Thanks! I know you meant that as a compliment, and I really appreciate it, but even though I drew on elements of '80s music for this song, I wasn't aiming for an '80s sound at all. :blush:

But a few years ago, I took a song from the 1800s and gave it a very 1980s arrangement...

Truthfully, I'm not quite sure what today's music sounds like. I listen to such a mix of styles, it is all a mishmash. And? A lot of the new stuff sounds like redone disco to me. Even the EDM that is considered new. Disco is one style that does not need to be redone. Or resurrected. But 80/90's pop was actually decent.

it is all a mishmash.

If there one person in the world whose job I'd hate to have, it would be the guy who listens to the latest music and then has to categorize each song by genre. Popular music these days covers such a wide swath of the spectrum, it's pretty much impossible to contain songs within one, two, or even three categories. (So they keep making more categories. LOL)

Duuuuuude. This is awesome, Tom! Also, 4.4k plays in less than 2 weeks?? Holy cow!
Also also, thanks for the follow on SoundCloud :thumbsup:

FORTHELOVEOFGODTEACHME

This is my latest endeavor... a contemporary pop tune featuring the vocal talents of Shayna (Chicago, IL) and rap artist KevinBmelo (Milwaukee, WI). The song is comprised of about 90 tracks, and took about 90 hours to complete from start to finish. Sorry, it doesn't have any strings, brass, or taiko drums, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

Very nice danceable POP tune. I really liked the female vocalist too.

Top Bottom