What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

Would that be a Zenph re-performance? I worked at a studio with a restored 1969 Hamburg Steinway D (stunning piano) which had been fitted with a Live Performance LX MIDI system, and heard an Art Tatum Zenph disc played back through the piano one evening. It was a spine-tingling experience as we stood around the piano, watching & listening in amazement.

Thanks CGR!

Fun fact: The "Flight of the Bumblebee" example above is sourced from a piano roll performance by the master himself: Rachmaninoff!!

Alex, this sounds superb! Quick question: Is there an easy way (or planned addition to the interface) to mix mic positions, or do they each need to be separate kontakt instances adjusted individually?

Thank you for the audio demos and excellent walk-thru!!

The close-mics esp. for the first piece is wetter than I anticipated. Is it because of the applied reverb?
For multi-mic settings, would there be presets that include different % of reverb dialled in for different mic positions, as reference to get a more realistic surround setup?

Alex

I can not see a button to add to cart / buy. Can you please direct me and others.

Hey Tec, this is a website formatting error :sad:. I've adjusted it, you can try reloading! However, if you're still not having luck, try changing the width of your browser. Sorry about that!

-Alex

Thank you for the audio demos and excellent walk-thru!!

The close-mics esp. for the first piece is wetter than I anticipated. Is it because of the applied reverb?
For multi-mic settings, would there be presets that include different % of reverb dialled in for different mic positions, as reference to get a more realistic surround setup?

There is a touch of reverb on that close mic. It is very close, and quite dry.

We don't have specific reverb presets, I'd say it should be added to taste. Thanks!

Would that be a Zenph re-performance? I worked at a studio with a restored 1969 Hamburg Steinway D (stunning piano) which had been fitted with a Live Performance LX MIDI system, and heard an Art Tatum Zenph disc played back through the piano one evening. It was a spine-tingling experience as we stood around the piano, watching & listening in amazement.

Yep. This piano sits in the former Zenph studio!

Already tested the main (AKG) mics. Those are the ones in the (base) full version and they sound just beautiful: close, but not too close, with that nice room sound to boot. The complete version has so many interesting mics, including close, wide and binaural. I’m really looking forward to testing the latter with headphones.

Already tested the main (AKG) mics. Those are the ones in the (base) full version and they sound just beautiful: close, but not too close, with that nice room sound to boot. The complete version has so many interesting mics, including close, wide and binaural. I’m really looking forward to testing the latter with headphones.

Soooo. Is it your early advice to start with Full version now and add mics 1-at-a-time, or take advantage of $149. Intro price for the whole enchilada ?? :barefoot:

Cool, but just adds (2) Mics …..

Last edited:
The unsung hero of this particular piano library is the una corda sample set. Extremely inspiring to play. Having a tough time switching una corda off at this point. Why can't every song just be "Stardust?"

Agree. I'm in love with the Una Corda :). Try making it cinematic by turning down the dynamics so that it's only a very slight upward slope (from left to right). Extra detail and beauty!!

There is a touch of reverb on that close mic. It is very close, and quite dry.

We don't have specific reverb presets, I'd say it should be added to taste. Thanks!

Or maybe if there could be snapshots for multi-instrument included, at least we know how the multi-mic/surround setups are intended to be. Surely we could experiment from scratch, but your Embertone team would know the best the multi-mic setup, in terms of relative volume, pan, and stereo width.

The unsung hero of this particular piano library is the una corda sample set. Extremely inspiring to play. Having a tough time switching una corda off at this point. Why can't every song just be "Stardust?"
After listening to the Una Corda samples in the walkthrough, it pains me that it's not featured in the Lite version.
I just don't have all the hard drive real estate for the Full version. Oh well, one can dream.

@Embertone ..

Can you guys kindly do some kind of add to cart thing so we can all the bits we want at once?

Right now, its add one item, see cart, close cart, add next item etc etc....

Top Bottom