What's new

Dominus Pro

Hi, I've recently bought Dominus Choir Pro. I admit it's been on impulse - I bought Dominus first and then decided to use the discount code they sent me for Dominus Choir Pro. I was so impressed by the sound of the sample audios - I should have known that it will always take lots of work and tweaking to make one's own MIDI sound well ;)
I downloaded EW Symphonic Choir when I subscribed to the EW Composer Cloud a few years ago. I worked more intensely with VirHarmonic's Soloists of Prague using their libretto editor. I didn't find it easy to create syllables that sounded English. After working out the words for two choir pieces, I discontinued working with choir VSTs for a while, being just fed up with that.
Dominus Pro encouraged me to make a new try with a choir VST for learning purposes so I could use it to create mock-ups in case I can't have real singers and the sound of the choir samples fits my needs.
I usually write my choir music in MuseScore, export the MIDI from there, import it in my DAW, which is Reaper, and continue working there.
Does anyone work similarly with imported MIDI, who uses Dominus Choir Pro, and who would share some tips or lessons learned?
For example,
With an 8-voice choir piece, I assume it would be better to have separate instances of Dominus - right?
In my impression, the Sopranos were not played in their range but an octave lower. Does the keyboard layout control that, or do I need to specify somewhere what range is needed in a certain instance?
I know I can select "Male Choir" or "Female Choir" or both, but is there a way to select an Alto or Soprano?
Is there some setting where I can tell the VST it's a smaller or larger group I'd need singing, or is it always the same singers per part?
Can I save certain syllable sequences, or do I only have as many choices as key switches available? - What would need to be done if I'd need to repeat such syllable sequences or part of them with a different rhythm or note length? I guess this would need to be assigned to a different key switch?

Top Bottom