What's new

Do I need Vienna Ensemble Pro if I have 64GB of Ram?

Epicurse

Hey Controllers,

A lot of composers are using VEPro with their DAW as I read around due to the amount of libraries they got.

I have 64GB of ram in my PC with an Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor I just bought in January with many libraries and Studio One 3.5. It is a beast and that is why I called it Monolith.

Do I need Vienna Ensemble Pro on another PC to minimized my main PC resources?

(so far I have not noticed anything weird other than some pops and clicks here and there)

Thx, Epicurse.

as many will tell you, is that one of its other great benefits is that you can create one template with everything you need (or several for different purposes depending on your particular field of music production) which you only have to load once.

You only then need to have templates with repro ensemble in your DAW connect to your Vepro template which if you work on several different jobs makes your load time and thus workflow a lot more efficiënt. Especially with big orchestral templates and/or extensive tools like f.e. LASS.

Hey Epicurse, great name!

(so far I have not noticed anything weird other than some pops and clicks here and there)

You just answered your own question. Having another PC will sure help minimize the strain, and the benefits of having your template loaded all the time is huge if you constantly need to change cues. But if you have enough headroom now, why even bother? There are plenty of things you can do to improve single machine performance -this was discussed many times before, search is your friend- only then I would think about using vepro.

Does Studio One have a "track disable" feature like Cubase? That's a start.

Unless you are doing some absurd projects with 4000 tracks and fx, a fine tuned single machine setup will work perfectly fine for you.

Hey Johann F., Thx for your reply and for the name like.

Studio One 3.5x has that track disabled feature and it is wonderful.
I have a large template and my PC is tuned with Kontakt batch re-save and all my instruments located on my SSDs drives are all purged within my template.
The pops and clicks are probably related to the samples block sizes and buffering. (Still trying to understand that tech)

Thx, Epicurse.

Hey Epicurse, great name!

You just answered your own question. Having another PC will sure help minimize the strain, and the benefits of having your template loaded all the time is huge if you constantly need to change cues. But if you have enough headroom now, why even bother? There are plenty of things you can do to improve single machine performance -this was discussed many times before, search is your friend- only then I would think about using vepro.

Does Studio One have a "track disable" feature like Cubase? That's a start.

Unless you are doing some absurd projects with 4000 tracks and fx, a fine tuned single machine setup will work perfectly fine for you.

Hey Silence-is-Golden, thx for your reply.

The concept and idea behind it is quite nice and definitely needed when you are working on multiple projects.
For now I am good then with my Monolith beast but eventually will get going with VEPro.

as many will tell you, is that one of its other great benefits is that you can create one template with everything you need (or several for different purposes depending on your particular field of music production) which you only have to load once.

You only then need to have templates with repro ensemble in your DAW connect to your Vepro template which if you work on several different jobs makes your load time and thus workflow a lot more efficiënt. Especially with big orchestral templates and/or extensive tools like f.e. LASS.

Top Bottom