What's new

Discussion Thread for Soundpaint Products

Very nice - for $40, it's insane value for the content you get.
I got it for 20$ and to be honest I'm quite disappointed. Very little of those parts are actually playable as they are mostly effects and quite random to be honest. I wish I didn't get it. It could be nice to give this final touch with one big bam but to have a separate library just for this is worthless for me.

p.s.

Hm - they do have a refund policy... With this I would be eager to test their stuff more frequently.

I got it for 20$ and to be honest I'm quite disappointed. Very little of those parts are actually playable as they are mostly effects and quite random to be honest. I wish I didn't get it. It could be nice to give this final touch with one big bam but to have a separate library just for this is worthless for me.

p.s.

Hm - they do have a refund policy... With this I would be eager to test their stuff more frequently.
Sorry to hear, but they are indeed effects library for hybrid scoring. Playable they are not nor should they be.

Do the Soundpaint instruments mix well with the 8Dio Kontakt instruments? I have a number of Soundpaint woodwinds instruments that I would like to mix with the Kontakt Century Brass Bundle that I recently purchased.

To me everything sounds okay but I am not sure that I can trust my ears. I would love to hear an expert opinion. Are there any adjustments to Soundpaint or Kontakt that anyone can recommend?

Also, I just purchased the Kontakt Agitato All Bundle and I am downloading now. Is there a Soundpaint version? If there is, I think I can get a crossgrade discount.

Does anyone have any experience with the Agitato libraries? Are they likely to mix well with the Soundpaint woodwinds or the Kontakt Century Brass Bundle?

Any mixing suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I just purchased the Kontakt Agitato All Bundle and I am downloading now. Is there a Soundpaint version? If there is, I think I can get a crossgrade discount.

Does anyone have any experience with the Agitato libraries? Are they likely to mix well with the Soundpaint woodwinds or the Kontakt Century Brass Bundle?
I believe the Soundpaint version would be the Adastra Ensemble strings . You should be able to get a crossgrade pricing, but I think this code (50% off) should still be working for all soundpaint adastra strings (ensemble, chamber and solo). The coupon will only work once.
ALLXXXADASTRA
For all your other questions, i think @doctoremmet should be able to help you.

Do the Soundpaint instruments mix well with the 8Dio Kontakt instruments? I have a number of Soundpaint woodwinds instruments that I would like to mix with the Kontakt Century Brass Bundle that I recently purchased.

To me everything sounds okay but I am not sure that I can trust my ears. I would love to hear an expert opinion. Are there any adjustments to Soundpaint or Kontakt that anyone can recommend?

Any mixing suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The Agitato library is “related” to the Anthology series, which in turn have been ported to Soundpaint as Adastra strings. They were recorded in a church IIRC. So Agitato is not a direct ancestor of Adastra so a crossgrade might not apply, but 8Dio Support are usually very kind and helpful so make sure to ask. And maybe that 50% off code for Adastra Bundle I posted downthread still works? ;) (There are currently no other 8Dio string libraries ported over to Soundapint).

The Soundpaint woodwinds are ports of the original 8Dio Claire library, which I think were not recorded on a soundstage but rather in a studio. Not entirely sure. Maybe their creator @Colin O'Malley can chime in as he has done before in this thread.

Century Brass, another library recorded by O’ Malley, was recorded at Zlin, like the rest of that series and a whole bunch of other 8Dio orchestral libraries.

They can all be used together without any issues, just make sure you create a sense of space (using the mic mix options of each library, in combination with a reverb) that glues the various parts together.

Mixing tip: Sonokinetic have Impulse Responses of Zlin as a free download. I sometimes use those in a convolution reverb when I want to blend in other (drier) non-8Dio libraries with some of the Century stuff.

The Agitato library is “related” to the Anthology series, which in turn have been ported to Soundpaint as Adastra strings. They were recorded in a church IIRC. So Agitato is not a direct ancestor of Adastra so a crossgrade might not apply, but 8Dio Support are usually very kind and helpful so make sure to ask. And maybe that 50% off code for Adastra Bundle I posted downthread still works? ;) (There are currently no other 8Dio string libraries ported over to Soundapint).

The Soundpaint woodwinds are ports of the original 8Dio Claire library, which I think were not recorded on a soundstage but rather in a studio. Not entirely sure. Maybe their creator @Colin O'Malley can chime in as he has done before in this thread.

Century Brass, another library recorded by O’ Malley, was recorded at Zlin, like the rest of that series and a whole bunch of other 8Dio orchestral libraries.

They can all be used together without any issues, just make sure you create a sense of space (using the mic mix options of each library, in combination with a reverb) that glues the various parts together.

Mixing tip: Sonokinetic have Impulse Responses of Zlin as a free download. I sometimes use those in a convolution reverb when I want to blend in other (drier) non-8Dio libraries with some of the Century stuff.

Thanks for that great reply. I really appreciate it.

I believe the Soundpaint version would be the Adastra Ensemble strings . You should be able to get a crossgrade pricing, but I think this code (50% off) should still be working for all soundpaint adastra strings (ensemble, chamber and solo). The coupon will only work once.
ALLXXXADASTRA
For all your other questions, i think @doctoremmet should be able to help you.
I am really enjoying the Agitato All Bundle and will look into Adastra Ensemble Strings. Thanks.

Top Bottom