What's new

Digital Dream Door's 100 Greatest Film Score Composers

Darren Durann

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/movie-pages/movie_composers.html

Besides the way premature over ranking of a few current composers, the main problem I have with this is the "film" distinction. I get the feeling that in the next century there won't be such a distinction...and those prematurely overranked dudes will be the first to fall by the wayside.

Anyways, hopefully there will be civil, non-Tiger Beat discussion on this topic.

Wow, do not agree with the placement of some of those composers, but I guess everyone has their opinions on what makes and who is the 'greatest'.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/movie-pages/movie_composers.html

Besides the way premature over ranking of a few current composers, the main problem I have with this is the "film" distinction. I get the feeling that in the next century there won't be such a distinction...and those prematurely overranked dudes will be the first to fall by the wayside.

Anyways, hopefully there will be civil, non-Tiger Beat discussion on this topic.

After reviewing the list, the composers at VI-Control make their way to the home of the original list's author for a civil discussion.

P.S I wasn't surprised about John Williams being on top, but Bernard Herrmann should may have been a few places higher.

ugh, how can it not lead to a Tiger Beat discussion on such a topic. ....really, isn't ranking them in such a way a silly endeavor? Anyway, a lot of great composers on that list.

Wow, do not agree with the placement of some of those composers, but I guess everyone has their opinions on what makes and who is the 'greatest'.

I think this was a poll, so I imagine there's a younger demographic
After reviewing the list, the composers at VI-Control make their way to the home of the original list's author for a civil discussion.

P.S I wasn't surprised about John Williams being on top, but Bernard Herrmann should may have been a few places higher.

Williams probably does deserve to be there. I also had a problem with Herrmann below Bernstein and felt Rozsa was placed way too low. However

ugh, how can it not lead to a Tiger Beat discussion on such a topic. ....really, isn't ranking them in such a way a silly endeavor? Anyway, a lot of great composers on that list.

He has a point.

Top Bottom