What's new

Decimoséptimo, a waltz

I think that is great and .....quite romantic. Your wife must love that TGV.

It has a very relaxed style and is reminiscent of watching or reading something like Mapp & Lucia.

Very well done and congratulations on your seventeen years. I think you have to buy her a clock for 17 years. o-[][]-o

Some lovely ideas, your wife must of really appreciated this.

You could try varying the attacks more, they are very predictable which makes it more on the synthy side. Any time you double a part or in octaves, make them sound a bit different, don't sync them too close, as it is, they sound perfectly synced, like a copy/paste, not what you want to do, at least mess up one of the parts, it will sound more natural and more pleasant to the ear. Just these 2 things should already improve it quite a bit. Congratulations on your 17th anniversary and a lovely gift!

I hope this doesn't make it any less sweat. I almost feel bad saying some constructive comments on a circumstance like this.

Thanks guys.

You could try varying the attacks more, they are very predictable which makes it more on the synthy side.
(bows head to the master) Yes, I should have made more work of that. But the comments are absolutely not felt as bad. It's most welcome, as a matter of fact. Most of the piece was done in notation, and only a few lines were actually played in (the clarinet and string melodies, including the doubled ones, BTW). When I tried to play the oboe, I got this phasing and overlapping sound, so I reverted to the notated version. Next time I'll be more messy.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom