What's new

De-Noise plugin - Dialogue cleanup

Izotope RX is still the most flexible platform I think, especially if you know what you're doing and have time to focus and do things right. For quick fixes I use either Supertone Clear (parallel noise/reverb reduction), Waves Clarity (serial noise/reverb reduction), and Accentize dxRevive (magic AI sound good knob) because they are more compatible with my NLE. I haven't tried the offerings from Acon Digital but I'm keeping my eye out for black friday sales.

Accentize voice gate is surprisingly useful as well, Klevgrand brusfri not bad.
I find I get less garbled processed sounds out of those faster than RX, but I'm certainly not a power RX user.
Will probably get dxRevive as well.

The ones I use the most are:

Acon Extract Dialogue
Hush Pro
DXRevive Pro
Clear (Goyo).

RX10 for more specific things.

I have no favorite audio restoration solution at the moment. Everything depends on the audio material and to which extent it is damaged. In some cases RX Advanced gives good results, in others - Acon Digital’s Acoustica or even SpectraLayers Pro could restore better.

Do you mean as a dialogue editor or as a mixer?
DX editors I know use RX extensively. Rerecording mixers usually want real-time processing, eg Cedar

As a dialogue editor. RX Advanced is pretty convenient having all its modules easily accessible in one place, but in some cases I prefer using Acoustica & DeVerberate or SpectraLayers for its better stem splitting capabilities.

RX 11 Advanced
Includes the overhauled Repair Assistant, new tools for releasing tracks with confidence, and

Real-time dialogue isolation – For RX 11, we’ve introduced a cutting-edge neural network that provides a more natural separation of noise and reverb from voice recordings. Plus, a new high-quality processing mode unlocks new possibilities for recovering dialogue in vocals captured in less than ideal conditions.

Thank you for the hint!

RX 11 Advanced
Includes the overhauled Repair Assistant, new tools for releasing tracks with confidence, and

Real-time dialogue isolation – For RX 11, we’ve introduced a cutting-edge neural network that provides a more natural separation of noise and reverb from voice recordings. Plus, a new high-quality processing mode unlocks new possibilities for recovering dialogue in vocals captured in less than ideal conditions.
Thank you for the hint! I recently got rather good results with RX 6 (after having recorded axes with single-coil pickups) and now I'm thinking of taking advantage of my "Loyalty Discount" and upgrade to RX 10 while it still includes a free upgrade to RX 11 in May.

Thank you for the hint!

Thank you for the hint! I recently got rather good results with RX 6 (after having recorded axes with single-coil pickups) and now I'm thinking of taking advantage of my "Loyalty Discount" and upgrade to RX 10 while it still includes a free upgrade to RX 11 in May.
Out of interest, made me check my loyalty offer for RX10…

I’m sooo glad it’s not £300, because that massive 75p saving means I could buy a Mars bar to comfort me after the shafting…

IMG_3066.png

Their offers really suck, never make sense. Could buy a Henry Hoover for that money…

IMG_3067.png

Out of interest, made me check my loyalty offer for RX10…

I’m sooo glad it’s not £300, because that massive 75p saving means I could buy a Mars bar to comfort me after the shafting…
Just wait some time. They will throw it out much cheaper in a bundle sooner or later.

Real-time dialogue isolation – For RX 11, we’ve introduced a cutting-edge neural network that provides a more natural separation of noise and reverb from voice recordings.
Real-time sound separation is usually worse than offline separation. Not sure, if this feature is worth an upgrade. RX is already pretty feature-complete so it looks like they are struggling to come up with new features.

In my opinion there are some features they could add for dialog editing, for example voice cloning or translation/foreign language dubbing.

Top Bottom