What's new

Dave Smith 1950-2022

What zvenx said, what the hell? This came totally out of the blue. I had several products from Sequential Circuits back in the day. I still have an Evolver sitting stowed away in the studio, near my Wavestation actually. I had the opportunity to "hang out" with Dave for a couple hours at NAMM one year when he had a very small booth next to the Buchla booth in a quiet side alley. There wasn't very much traffic to the booth that day and so we had the chance to really talk and not just about synthesizers or music. He was very personable and laid back and I in no way felt as if I were talking to the giant that he truly was. RIP Dave Smith

Well crap. I believe he just turned 70 recently. Thought there would be a few more years he would grace his presence on the industry. Now we must honor his contributions in his absence. Thank you so much dear Dave Smith. You took us forward and back home again.
I turned 70 recently too. I will get the Prophet 08 out of the box and give it one last play. I think younger folks understandably don't realise once you get to certain age it quickly turns into a lottery.

Top Bottom