What's new

CUBE by Lunacy Audio A New 3D Virtual Instrument

I was just looking at the videos again and there is one with a beautiful evolving pad being controlled by a mini controller of some sort. That type of sound I absolutely love. Beautiful! AND what is that little controller? So cool!

I was just looking at the videos again and there is one with a beautiful evolving pad being controlled by a mini controller of some sort. That type of sound I absolutely love. Beautiful! AND what is that little controller? So cool!
Thank you! Which video are you referring to? Happy to let you know which controller and preset are being used.

Thank you! Which video are you referring to? Happy to let you know which controller and preset are being used.
On your product page it's the 2nd video. Also it looks like you guys have been busy as composers. Your IMDB pages show quite a bit of work! One of you worked on Netflix Lost in Space. I enjoyed that series and the little musical nods to the original show.

Last edited:
thats an op-z by teenage engineering

On your product page it's the 2nd video. Also it looks like you guys have been busy as composers. Your IMDB pages show quite a bit of work! One of you guys worked on Netflix Lost in Space. I enjoyed that series and the little musical nods to the original series.
Ah yes, Lonely Whale! One of our favorite presets. The OP-Z is a great tool for dynamic expression.

And thank you! We've all been lucky to work on lots of great movies, video games, and shows over the years. One of our co-founders actually just won an ASCAP award as well, so we're definitely very steeped in the film world. Lost In Space is also a lovely show to work on and we've been working closely with Chris Lennertz for many years now. Funny enough, we've used CUBE quite extensively on the most recent season. Amazing team of people!

This looks great. I’d greatly prefer PayPal too so thanks for adding it.

I do agree with some of the comments here on price point. It’s a psychological game to some extent, but “$199 intro price” would probably “feel” better to folks. (The 10% discount is much appreciated. Making that 20% would have achieved the $199 too. I know you can’t do that now though.)

Also, perhaps adding more info about your CV / past projects to the site would help people who are worried about the “new developer” angle. Your experience sounds amazing!

I‘ve been patiently waiting for another amazing product to reach the market, but I really like what I see here and being able to eventually add my own samples is kind of irresistible…

This looks great. I’d greatly prefer PayPal too so thanks for adding it.

I do agree with some of the comments here on price point. It’s a psychological game to some extent, but “$199 intro price” would probably “feel” better to folks. (The 10% discount is much appreciated. Making that 20% would have achieved the $199 too. I know you can’t do that now though.)

Also, perhaps adding more info about your CV / past projects to the site would help people who are worried about the “new developer” angle. Your experience sounds amazing!

I‘ve been patiently waiting for another amazing product to reach the market, but I really like what I see here and being able to eventually add my own samples is kind of irresistible…
Thanks for all of the thoughts and we really appreciate the feedback! We actually did run an introductory 3-week pre-order deal that was 40% off prior to our launch for this exact reason, but keep a weather eye out for potential deals like this in the future. We have some new expansion content in the works and are considering running another promotional discount when that content drops, so stay tuned.

Also, we totally agree our company page could use a little more spice! We just added some more info about ourselves and our backgrounds. :)

Last edited:
@gnapier @Dr.Quest @jneebz @kgdrum

Hey guys, we had a moment to consider all of the feedback and we want to make sure we're giving everyone a good window of opportunity to check out CUBE, so we've decided to update our discount code cubeforvicontrol to 20% off and also extend the discount until June 1st.

For those who already purchased the product at the previous 10% discount, please reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we'll get you that extra 10% off.

Don't forget, we have a 14-day risk free return policy if you wish to request a full refund with no questions asked. We hope you'll give CUBE a test drive and let us know what you think.

Hope this helps!

Well this thing is just too Damn cool! Great sounds! Lots to explore. One minor problem is it crashes Cubase 11 but I can run it in Blue Cat's Patchwork inside Cubase and it's fine.
Great job Lunacy Audio! This is a fun, rich sounding beautiful beast. It should be fun and inspirational.

Well this thing is just too Damn cool! Great sounds! Lots to explore. One minor problem is it crashes Cubase 11 but I can run it in Blue Cat's Patchwork inside Cubase and it's fine.
Great job Lunacy Audio! This is a fun, rich sounding beautiful beast. It should be fun and inspirational.
So glad you're enjoying it! We really appreciate the kind words.

If you could send your crash report to [email protected] we'll get it sorted. You can find recent crash logs in the Console app on Mac under User Reports. CUBE should be rock solid for all versions of Cubase, but Cubase 11 in particular has been a bit messy for a lot of other plugins on our rigs as well, so we'd love to get to the bottom of it. Many thanks and let us know if you run into any other issues!

So glad you're enjoying it! We really appreciate the kind words.

If you could send your crash report to [email protected] we'll get it sorted. You can find recent crash logs in the Console app on Mac under User Reports. CUBE should be rock solid for all versions of Cubase, but Cubase 11 in particular has been a bit messy for a lot of other plugins on our rigs as well, so we'd love to get to the bottom of it. Many thanks and let us know if you run into any other issues!
In my case I know it's related to anything with GUI that has animation so it's a graphics card thing. Only. Cubase 11 though, other DAWs are fine. I'm glad I found the solution to running inside Cubase with the Patchwork plugin. I think if I upgraded to Mojave it may be better. In any event, I'm loving Cube!

In my case I know it's related to anything with GUI that has animation so it's a graphics card thing. Only. Cubase 11 though, other DAWs are fine. I'm glad I found the solution to running inside Cubase with the Patchwork plugin. I think if I upgraded to Mojave it may be better. In any event, I'm loving Cube!
Ok, that's great to know! So glad you got it working in the end. Hit us up with any more q's!

We have some new expansion content in the works and are considering running another promotional discount when that content drops, so stay tuned.
So now I'm conflicted. 20% off and get it now or wait for maybe a better deal. Do you have a projected date for the new content?

Top Bottom