What's new

Cubase - Default MIDI velocity - can it be changed?

Jimmy Hellfire

Dumb question perhaps. I haven't been able to find such an option in the preferences - or am I going blind?

I find velocity 100 to be a way too high value for clicking in MIDI notes in the piano roll. It blows my ears off, and I don't think it makes sense either. At least not for orchestral stuff - for many libraries, velocity 100 and higher is already well in the mf or even f range and that's probably not where you wanna be most of the time by default anyway.

There must be some hidden way to change this between all the Cubase bloatware features? :)

Dumb question perhaps. I haven't been able to find such an option in the preferences - or am I going blind?

I find velocity 100 to be a way too high value for clicking in MIDI notes in the piano roll. It blows my ears off, and I don't think it makes sense either. At least not for orchestral stuff - for many libraries, velocity 100 and higher is already well in the mf or even f range and that's probably not where you wanna be most of the time by default anyway.

There must be some hidden way to change this between all the Cubase bloatware features? :)

'Insert Velocity' in the midi editor.
Right click if you don't see it

Attachments

• insert velocity.png
    insert velocity.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 105
Top Bottom