What's new

Cross-grade from Kontakt Player to Kontakt?

It took years. Allot was originally on my E-mu samplers in that format. Allot of string stuff. Then we put it on synclav (Ron Jones) was doing star trek and used synclav. Allot of my library was used on star trek NG . So we made banks. Then last 5 years i moved strings and some brass to kontakt. And some woodwinds. Synths like juno, moog, matrix 12. We used to stack pads with strings and evolving filtered stuff on korg synths stuff. Its stiff fresh. As those analog synths are not around.

I just got tired of loading new string patch's from great library's and cpu maxes out. So mine sound great, and only a few mb. So you can load up 16 instances and still not even touch cpu. I give it out to some film composer students at USC that cant afford Cine, VSL etc. Its not the same as new multi layer library, but playability is perfect. You dont need any controllers but 11 foot pedal. Works perfect with a few live players.
Used it for years. I own all the librarys, but just a few instruments max out cpu and causes clips. Thus thats it. Funny thing best string ensemble patches are on Roland Integra-7! I made two patches. In my template permanently. And on tons of tv stuff, feature film. Great out of the box with no efx.

Playability is my req. spitfire i love but no patches are VEL sensitive.
On a real gig, there is NO TIME! So you dont have luxury to overdub cc1, cc11 etc to get dynamics. My library uses a pedal, aftertouch for control. A one pass patch! No overdubs for dynamics. Plus if uou have orchestrator, having multiple controllers for dynamics is impossible to take down off midi seq. Its like there is a disconnect from library makers today and film/tv composers.
Heck i do best on a grand piano with a pencil and score paper! Thats fast!
But directors etc today want mockups.

So i just made my own that is fast, sounds great, 100% one pass playability, and does not snuff out cpu.

I was going to start a company that sells simple, fast orchestral libraries for kontakt when i retire. USC film students call me years later and thank me for my patches. They say they sound great, and so fast and playable.

Then again some super rich composers can afford two new $25k macs and redu all there studio with new audio interfaces. I just cant justify it. Spend it on great food, nice couch, big screen in your house for when directors come over and have a enjoyable experience. They know when a real orchestra plays my music it will be awesome! I slave my mac to house synch smpte and send stems. Then they can mix with real players as needed. On cues with special samples and sound design, it just does that realtime with orchestra and mixed live.

I should share a vanilla string patch in kontakt with some of you. No copy protection, just dont sell it. Use it. If they get out and shared then i loose my sound, that made me successful.

Thats why i have only given them to close friends, and USC film composer students. They guard them and dont share. Then they have something always fresh.
A fantastic insight and learning in your story, not to mention your incredible generosity to the USC film students. Respect !

I can save a patch for you in version 6 so you can open it on any version. I have some good strings patches.
Wow, I'm completely blown away by your offer, genuinely!!
I would greatly appreciate that and will certainly guard and use them and would never remotely consider selling them.
Blown away!!! 🙏

Wow, I'm completely blown away by your offer, genuinely!!
I would greatly appreciate that and will certainly guard and use them and would never remotely consider selling them.
Blown away!!! 🙏
How do i send you a patch? I will zip it. I turned on accept emails on you and followed. I think you can send me email. I will zip up some lush string patches, and a patch and samples used on Disney TV animation stuff. ( over 200 episodes) the key is playability. And its not locked so you can wreck or add stuff etc to samples and instrument. Then resave. I will figure out how to do a drop box thing tomorrow. They are small. But mighty! Ha no joke. When you see that the size loaded is like 8-20 mb and you can have 670 voices without tagging cpu you will get why i use them. If this works just tell me what your missing in your template and i will see if i can find instrument patch for you. It will get you going. And you can build a nice little orchestra template.

I feel your excitement and drive to have new sounds. My pleasure to contribute. In 80’s i cleaned garages on weekends to earn extra money to buy two Neumann mic’s for sampling strings. In late 80’s i was sampling and making sounds for my own E-mu stuff and Roland S50. Used to be on floppy's.

Last edited:
How do i send you a patch? I will zip it. I turned on accept emails on you and followed. I think you can send me email. I will zip up some lush string patches, and a patch and samples used on Disney TV animation stuff. ( over 200 episodes) the key is playability. And its not locked so you can wreck or add stuff etc to samples and instrument. Then resave. I will figure out how to do a drop box thing tomorrow. They are small. But mighty! Ha no joke. When you see that the size loaded is like 8-20 mb and you can have 670 voices without tagging cpu you will get why i use them. If this works just tell me what your missing in your template and i will see if i can find instrument patch for you. It will get you going. And you can build a nice little orchestra template.
Incredible!!!
I'm still shaking my head here (in a good way 😄 ) at all of this!!
I've just following you and sent you a PM (conversation) , hopefully you get it.
Little did you know but its my birthday tomorrow, so what a timely gift!! 🙌😄
The VI-C universe is a wonderful thing!

G

Incredible!!!
I've just following you and sent you a PM (conversation) , hopefully you get it.

G
I just sent you some string banks. And cool London boys choirs. And a oboe, some cool pads. Oh and my cartoon snds i got when i worked on Tiny Toons. Real funny classic stuff.

Two things you will have to maybe add the bricasti impulses to kontakt.
They should load with bank. So i sent you the coveted Scoring Stage impulse. And two chambers. They are the real deal. Happy B-Day please let me know if they did not come over. Its faught me because of size. Only 3.5 gb! For 12 instruments. Ha Its all hand done by me in kontackt. Not a kontakt programmer, and my scripts are basic. The strings should blow you away as snd to mem footprint. They are all panned perfectly to orchestra placement. Vi’s left Vi’s 2 left center, basses, Vc, right and Va’s center right. So when you play high notes it will be on left.
If no snd then cc11 might need to be pushed. They are all 88 keys and Vel sensitive play light on keyboard gentle. Then they come alive and snd real. Two strings are same W means “Wet” with reverb the other is dry so if you got a template going and efx plugins already, you can room them. Play hard and loud and bite. Hard short you get stacatto. Its made for keyboard composers, who hate using four hands and cc overdubs to het dynamics. If impulses work then they are in buena vista, and warner scoring stages. So just enjoy. I will send more but need to sleep!
I am a night owl but must finish this Apls time-lapse documentary music.
Then on to Netflix pilot.

Last edited:
Incredible!!!

G
Do you have mac or pc.
I have allot of logic ex samples that are great.

I just sent you some string banks. And cool London boys choirs. And a oboe, some cool pads. Oh and my cartoon snds i got when i worked on Tiny Toons. Real funny classic stuff.

Two things you will have to maybe add the bricasti impulses to kontakt.
They should load with bank. So i sent you the coveted Scoring Stage impulse. And two chambers. They are the real deal. Happy B-Day please let me know if they did not come over. Its faught me because of size. Only 3.5 gb! For 12 instruments. Ha Its all hand done by me in kontackt. Not a kontakt programmer, and my scripts are basic. The strings should blow you away as snd to mem footprint. They are all panned perfectly to orchestra placement. Vi’s left Vi’s 2 left center, basses, Vc, right and Va’s center right. So when you play high notes it will be on left.
If no snd then cc11 might need to be pushed. They are all 88 keys and Vel sensitive play light on keyboard gentle. Then they come alive and snd real. Two strings are same W means “Wet” with reverb the other is dry so if you got a template going and efx plugins already, you can room them. Play hard and loud and bite. Hard short you get stacatto. Its made for keyboard composers, who hate using four hands and cc overdubs to het dynamics. If impulses work then they are in buena vista, and warner scoring stages. So just enjoy. I will send more but need to sleep!
I am a night owl but must finish this Apls time-lapse documentary music.
Then on to Netflix pilot.
Yes, they all came over and I've downloaded them now!
Hard to type now as I'm currently on the floor, dizzy from your generosity, I really can't believe all of this is happening!!! 😄 🙌
Thanks for the birthday wishes and a huge thanks for the birthday present!!
Jeez man, like seriously!!!
I'll get started loading them in and the bricasti impulses too ..... first time for everything, eh!
Very best of luck with the documentary & Netflix pilot ..!

G

Top Bottom