What's new

Convolution Reverb

Thank you. I specifically need a room though.

I loved Peter's work back in the day and he was kind enough to use his personal IR's for a live choir piece that I did. He was the reason why I started using Convolution and IR's in the first place. I was sad to see that Samplicity is no more.
Look in my signature for a link to my storyteller store site. I built out and made available presets for waves ir1 which uses the bricasti irs and another Hopkins IR pack. The IRs are included in the download with the presets. you can demo Waves IR1 to see if it is one you want to use. It has a great set of IRs included and usually hits a sale price of $29/$39.

I've also never had success with the one in Cubase. I use rooms and the scoring stage in Altiverb all the time (don't think I've ever done a mix without them). I used Spaces a bit many years ago and remember it having some nice ones but I'm not sure if I'd still like them now that I've been using Altiverb.

I've also never had success with the one in Cubase. I use rooms and the scoring stage in Altiverb all the time (don't think I've ever done a mix without them). I used Spaces a bit many years ago and remember it having some nice ones but I'm not sure if I'd still like them now that I've been using Altiverb.

Gerhard, what do you use convolution reverbs for usually? Is it mostly on dry sources or even as main reverbs or even long tails for that cinematic sound?

I am getting good results recently with Seventh Heaven. But, I would be very interested to know why and when do you use convolution reverbs, specially on sources that are not that dry?

Gerhard, what do you use convolution reverbs for usually? Is it mostly on dry sources or even as main reverbs or even long tails for that cinematic sound?

I am getting good results recently with Seventh Heaven. But, I would be very interested to know why and when do you use convolution reverbs, specially on sources that are not that dry?
Sometimes as my main reverb like with the Mechanics hall. The Seventh Heaven doesn't always sound natural like if I'm working with something more classical.

On dry sources then I'll always use it for a room or scoring stage. I'll normally put it directly on the track so that the send to other reverbs already has that room in it. I'll occasionally use it on wetter sources if I just want to push them back a little like with woodwinds that sound a little too close.

Top Bottom