What's new

Confused with OT Sine - does it have tempo sync?

SomeGuy

Trying to figure out what to spend my voucher on, and was thinking of grabbing the Salu Quartet as I love the sound. Not too familiar with SINE player as most of my OT are in Kontakt, but I'm wondering if SINE is at all like VSL's player where you have a "stretch" mode for time stretching instruments? For example, the Salu Quartet articulations show swells and crescendoes, as well as arp performances. Are these tempo synced or can be time adjusted in anyway?

I thought maybe this is what the "TM" next to some patch names meant, but reading up on TM patches, I just got more confused as the bottom of this article: https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/article/119-time-machine-enabled-patches states "Kontakt has a 32 voice limit for Time Machine." Does this mean TM is Kontakt only?

Does SINE player have tempo sync or "stretch" functionality, both in general and in reference to the Salu Quartet? Pre-recorded dynamic patches like crescendoes and phrases like arps are only really useful if they can sync to your DAW tempo IMO.

Trying to figure out what to spend my voucher on, and was thinking of grabbing the Salu Quartet as I love the sound. Not too familiar with SINE player as most of my OT are in Kontakt, but I'm wondering if SINE is at all like VSL's player where you have a "stretch" mode for time stretching instruments? For example, the Salu Quartet articulations show swells and crescendoes, as well as arp performances. Are these tempo synced or can be time adjusted in anyway?

I thought maybe this is what the "TM" next to some patch names meant, but reading up on TM patches, I just got more confused as the bottom of this article: https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/article/119-time-machine-enabled-patches states "Kontakt has a 32 voice limit for Time Machine." Does this mean TM is Kontakt only?

Does SINE player have tempo sync or "stretch" functionality, both in general and in reference to the Salu Quartet? Pre-recorded dynamic patches like crescendoes and phrases like arps are only really useful if they can sync to your DAW tempo IMO.
I don't know all of the details of the SINE player, but the TM arp patches in the Salu quartet are synced to your BPM in SINE. I've tested that myself. The swells and other patches I don't think are BPM synced but there maybe a way to stretch patches in SINE that I have not used/looked for yet.

Yes and No. yes it has tempo sync and yes the TM patches sync to tempo but NO there is no stretch functionality per VSL I.e. stretching crescendos or shorts notes. Not everything that should be time stretchable is but anything that says TM is.

The article says that because it was written about the kontakt versions of their libradies and Time Machine is a kontakt function but SINE does have tempo sync and they simply carried forward the abbreviation TM in their patches.

Thank you both so much! Glad to hear some patches like the TM arps do sync to your DAW bpm in SINE. Is the tempo range / stretch algo pretty good in SINE?

But its really sad to hear that its limited to only the TM patches! So in the Salu String Quartet there is a grand total of 2 patches! Dynamic patches like swells and cresc are great, but most swells / dynamics in music are based on the tempo & feel of the piece and not a fixed time value so its a shame these patches cannot be altered or time manipulated in SINE like you can with VSL or even Kontakt in libraries like Sospiro Strings. I would have thought a heavy hitter like Orchestral Tools would have had this functionality by now.

Top Bottom