What's new

Claire Flute-- 8Dio vs Soundpaint edition

I think it's the best of the new non-kontakt players. Lots of room to mess with the sounds. And it promises to get even better in the future. I say this as a diehard Kontakt user.
One of the best features of Soundpaint is that you get to make patches with samples from whatever libraries you have collected over time, including whatever you import yourself. It’s all one big sample pool, not all separated out little walled gardens (SINE, Synchron, Spitfire). That feature alone makes it a rather cool player. You have access to the core of sampled sound and get to mangle it and control it in creative ways. In that sense it is much more of an actual instrument than all other new sample players. To me anyway.

The Claire flute is the exact same player I recorded for the Claire Alto Flute. I suggest turning the legato speed down. If it's too fast you lose some of the formation of the legato attack, which might be throwing things off for some users. I'm really not sure. To each his own, but it's definitely not an oboe.

Colin
Here is what the high range of Claire Flute should sound like. If your instrument doesn't sound like this, PM me and I'll help you fix it.

Colin
Wow the man himself stopping by! Thanks Colin! Haven't actually made the purchase yet since I was busy working on some other things but I appreciate the offer (I'm sure it will sound great though).

The Claire flute is the exact same player I recorded for the Claire Alto Flute. I suggest turning the legato speed down. If it's too fast you lose some of the formation of the legato attack, which might be throwing things off for some users. I'm really not sure. To each his own, but it's definitely not an oboe.

Colin
Can you tell which hall the Claire series was recorded in? Is it the same as the Century Series?
It could be a suitable replacement for the elusive Century Woodwinds...

Can you tell which hall the Claire series was recorded in? Is it the same as the Century Series?
It could be a suitable replacement for the elusive Century Woodwinds...
It wasn’t recorded at Zlin. I’d still love to hear where it was in fact recorded.

FACT CHECK WRONG ^ (please read Colin’s clear and concise correction of this statement hehe)

Claire series can be used with the Century series, but they’re mostly suited for expressive lyrical lines and do not contain any a2 / a3 ensembles and the non-vib less pronounced articulations you’d expect in a more orchestral set of woodwinds samples.

The only woodwinds I know of that were recorded at Zlin are Sonokinetic’s.

Last edited:
It wasn’t recorded at Zlin. I’d still love to hear where it was in fact recorded.

Claire series can be used with the Century series, but they’re mostly suited for expressive lyrical lines and do not contain any a2 / a3 ensembles and the non-vib less pronounced articulations you’d expect in a more orchestral set of woodwinds samples.

The only woodwinds I know of that were recorded at Zlin are Sonikinetic’s.
I recorded all Claire at the big hall in Zlin. 😁😁

Colin

Top Bottom