What's new

Cinematic Studio Woodwinds - SPINOFF AFTER RELEASE

I believe you get the 30% "loyalty" discount moving forwards regardless of which library you buy first. At least when I bought CSW there was an offer to buy CSB for $280. Alex is extremely fair in his marketing :) I even got the loyalty discount applied to CS2 after buying CSS. (and CS2 is still well worth buying by the way).

Does anyone know about educational rebates? I found the relevant web page but not the actual pricing structure.
The education price is the same same as the loyalty discount, so it would be $279 for your first library from them.

I am absolutely floored by this library. Congrats to Alex and the team for a job well done! Your bar for quality is second to none. I can recall several times that I've tried getting a library to work in a track and ended up thinking to myself "I wish Alex could sample a ___ so I wouldn't have to be so limited in what I can write". Thanks for enabling all of our creativity.

curious what mic mix you use for CSSS and CSS. Do you EQ the strings?
To keep things simple, it’s all the default mix mix. There is a small amount of EW Spaces (single instance over everything), and as little Ozone Maximizer as needed to bring things to a consistent level.

That said, I often raise the level of the close mics only to increase the edge in the sound. Especially with the strings, this adds some needed focus. Command clicking on Mac brings a mic level to 0db, so often I’ll default to that if I’m not using the Mix mic. And just for the record, my go to for brass is -3db (they default to -6db I believe).

For what it's worth, here's a mic comparison for the clarinet - please forgive the abysmal, sleepy playing it's quite late over here (I will probably be deeply embarrassed by this tomorrow and replace it, but for now it will have to do):

For this particular sequence I couldn't get the retongued legato to play nice in all of the three minutes of effort I put into it. The attacks on the retongued legato were too harsh to fit this passage. I'm sure it could be better if I spent more time with it though.

There is some noticeable stereo ping-ponging going on, most notably on the main mics so I think I will be narrowing the stereo field quite a bit.

I think CSW implements a crossfading vibrato like CSS (someone can correct me if wrong). I found having it off removed much of the transition, and that moving through the gradient while transitioning sometimes introduced artifacts. You might try keeping CC2 maxed to see if the rearticulation improves.

Will be interesting to hear comparisons with other libraries over the coming days. I've been playing with the legato MIDI in Berlin Woodwinds Legacy, Infinite Woodwinds, and CineWinds. CSW sounds very well edited and consistently programmed so far. Tonally, hard to say it is better or worse than current options though. It's certainly as good on first listen.

Hi folks, sorry that you're having trouble getting through to the website. We're trying to rectify this, it's basically because of the high volume of traffic, but we'll see what we can do. In the meantime I'd recommend waiting for an hour or so while we try to sort it out.

Thanks! :)
Sorry just saw this

Top Bottom