What's new

Cinematic Studio Strings v1.7 - Available August 30!

Okay I've heard back from NI. They said:

"Hey Alex,

They could set the download or content location to different paths in preferences. Often for big libraries I set the download path to an external drive.

unnamed.png

NI also sent me a link (below) to this page with more info on how to deal with the "not enough space" issue. I'm going to try to get my head around this, and I also appreciate others chiming in with solutions. :)

OK so apparently this is for Native Access 2. I am still on 1 since I recall reading about potential registration problems with 2. But I will give it a go now and hopefully installing NA2 doesn't screw things up...:)

I encountered an install error multiple times in Native Access 1 on Mac.

Solution was to search for the ISO file, close Native Access then manually install from the ISO file to the directory I previously had CSS installed in. Native Access found it on next load.

Okay I've heard back from NI. They said:

"Hey Alex,

They could set the download or content location to different paths in preferences. Often for big libraries I set the download path to an external drive.

unnamed.png

NI also sent me a link (below) to this page with more info on how to deal with the "not enough space" issue. I'm going to try to get my head around this, and I also appreciate others chiming in with solutions. :)

I set Download Location to a drive with 350GB free. I still get the message in Native Access 2 that there is not enough free space... Not your problem Alex, I know. Just incredible that NI still haven't fixed this despite them thinking they did!

EDIT: Disregard this. It was my install location that didn't have anough space. They ACTUALLY fixed it for NA2 - hurraaaaay!

I set Download Location to a drive with 350GB free. I still get the message in Native Access 2 that there is not enough free space... Not your problem Alex, I know. Just incredible that NI still haven't fixed this despite them thinking they did!
Sorry Simon, I'm still trying to figure this issue out. Quick question - do you have at least 125GB free on your system drive?

Sorry Simon, I'm still trying to figure this issue out. Quick question - do you have at least 125GB free on your system drive?
Alex HOLD ON. It was my install DRIVE (not DRY!:)) that didn't have enough space. It works now that I changed it. Thanks! Looking much forward to your updated library! :2thumbs:

nothing's showing in native access till now which I think isn't normal regardless where I am (I'm in Egypt anyway) - right? anyone in the same boat? Alex should I check this with support?

nothing's showing in native access till now which I think isn't normal regardless where I am (I'm in Egypt anyway) - right? anyone in the same boat? Alex should I check this with support?
Hi there, sorry to hear that - just to quickly check, are you saying that CSS does not appear in your list of "Installed products"?

Everything is sounding and playing really great! The only issue I'm having is with spiccato - not just that the release is noticeably abrupt as @Jerner mentioned earlier, but the volume/dynamics of spiccato overlay are super quiet for the marcato patch at low CC1 values no matter what velocity. This means no more playable fanfares with one patch (at least not the way it used to work), and I'll need to keyswitch anytime you want to go from a stronger spiccato or any other short to a sustain. I get that the spiccato overlay probably needed to be adjusted to get string runs to work, but even with CSW marcatos the overlay velocity dynamics with modwheel all the way down are way more expressive. The more I test it out, the more I think I'll just need to get used to playing the marcato patch differently with modwheel higher and shorter notes. :D Again, it sounds amazing Alex - well done!

EDIT: I also noticed that in both full and lite ensemble the A0 bass release is sharing the cello C1 release. Is that a glitch on my end or did it not install correctly?

Last edited:
Hi all..I can't free up any more space on my system drive, what is the work around here?
this is freaking ridiculous...any work around? Any manual installs available? Thanks.

May just be me but, I updated and opened one project with lots of marcati, shorts & runs, and didn't have to move any midi. Just seems to do what I wanted it to do even better! :dancer:

Hi all..I am certain this came up already, but I haven't found the post...NA is insisting on downloading to my internal which there is no way I can free up 60 gigs...this is freaking ridiculous...any work around? Any manual installs available? Thanks.
Have you gone into the "Preferences" section of NA and specified a download location that has enough free space?

Top Bottom