What's new

Cinematic Studio Strings v1.7 - Available August 30!

A bit late in the party ... but Alex ... Whooo!
The best strings library become even better. It feel like Christmas 😍🤩🎅🎅🎅🎅
Thanks again for your hard work!

Unbelievable sound and support. Reminds me of Novation bringing out killer free updates for the Bass Station 2 yeeeears after release. You've earned yourself a new customer.

Afaik the vib amount is the same, but the sometimes too intense vibrato can be controlled by avoiding the most intense cc1 and vibrato levels. (CSS has a dedicated CC for vibrato).
Damn I thought they made it so that it’s adjustable. Not an on or off? Oh well. Lol.

Afaik the vib amount is the same, but the sometimes too intense vibrato can be controlled by avoiding the most intense cc1 and vibrato levels. (CSS has a dedicated CC for vibrato).
If @Alex W made CSSS vibrato adjustable like CSS......that would be fantastic.

Can I ask what version of Kontakt this update runs on, as I am on Kontakt 6.6 still as 6.7 wont install on my Mac and the cost of upgrading involves new graphics card, new system and new audio interface due to incompatible drivers

Very, very excited about this free update. Cinematic Studios is my favourite VST developer by far!

Question: I notice that notes aren't overlapping in the legato section of your video. Are you using the sustain pedal instead to ensure connection between the notes?

Thank you for the great update! :)
About Native Access: I'm a bit worried about it: the installation always requires a lot of free GB on the main HD, otherwise the library cannot be downloaded.
I’ve been unable to use my purchased 300 Grand for this reason. It’s unbelievable that this issue hasn’t been resolved after all this time.

Alex-thanks for all of your hard work!!

That's right, well actually, the session won't even load, as you will receive "missing samples" errors. Even if you skip past them, and then load the new patches in place of all the old ones, you would then need to do a bunch of tweaking / adjusting just to get it sounding roughly the same in terms of performance. But you'd still be left with a different sounding mix, so all in all, you'd be better off just keeping the original as a backup and just using it when you need to.
Does this mean more hard drive space eaten up :(

But thank you for a free update. Your business is the poster child of how sample libraries should treat their customers. I just hope financially you can provide for these free updates.

P.s we want more string libraries/shorts, maybe a larger string section this time, surely Sydney symphony orchestra is free again?

Just finished watching the video posted. It demonstrates why I fully invested in the Cinematic Studios ecosystem. Having 1.7 across all the libraries shows the commitment to making Cinematic Studio libraries relevant into the future. If you like the sound (which I love), then this will be a relevant library for many many years.

Alex, do you have time to list the CC values of where each dynamic layer enters?

I know I should just use my ears and all that, but it would make things easier if I could just know the correct values.

Very, very excited about this free update. Cinematic Studios is my favourite VST developer by far!

Question: I notice that notes aren't overlapping in the legato section of your video. Are you using the sustain pedal instead to ensure connection between the notes?
Yes, in some of Alex's examples in previous videos he uses the sustain pedal as opposed to overlapping notes. Works great for rebowing too :)

Wait, this CSS update will have to be downloaded on Native Access?? Oh no.....
Yup. It would be wise to wait a few days until the download frenzy has slowed down, given the big number of CSS users that will be trying to download it as soon as the update is available, and the snail speed download from Native Access Servers.

Hey Alex, incredible work and customer service!
You are the best!

I would like to add to the pitch bend issue, that sometimes I would like to use it as an fx, on long notes, like a long bass glissando, and even if it sounds fake, I have delved inside kontakt to add pitch bend to other libraries and it works as a fake fx. Maybe you could add just the possibility of pitch bending as an fx only, with no realism in mind?
I hear you, but it's just not within the design of the library to have extra controls for pitch bend and so on. As I mentioned earlier, pitch bend "breaks" the whole legato system, so it would just feel out-of-place to me. As Duncan pointed out, you're probably better off using an external app like melodyne to add pitch bends to create interesting fx and so on. That way you'll be able to use formant bending - this usually sounds much nicer anyway.

Top Bottom