What's new

Christian Henson's YouTube Channel - Nighty Night!

I really look forward to your videos CH and this project will put that through the roof!
Just be sure and include Oscar every once in a while (and Rodney during the holidays).

Make sure you find a source of Iron especially being in a colder climate. You'll be losing this from not having red meat and you do not want to deal with arthritis down the road.

My wife and I started Weight watchers about a year ago without there meals and with hard working out lost 25 lbs. The hard part is keeping it off.

Although walking can be fun and inspirational it often does not burn off enough calories and carbs to be efficient. Look at joining a gym or making a home one and getting a personal trainer and sticking to it.

Also look at the possibility of a standing desk there are many studies that suggest sitting for long periods of time is one of the worst things that can lead to heart disease.

PS with Easter coming in a couple weeks could we see a new character perhaps?

Last edited:
Pss

Congratulations to Will on his new position.

Christian I will have my thinking cap on this week but as far as your tool kit I would love to see a simple version of your Rhodes bass and perhaps if Olafur will allow it a extensive sampling of his PS - 3100 that could even lead into the next Spitfire synth ?

I really enjoyed your work on Tutankhamun, particularly the song Tutankhamun - Tomb Discovery. Perhaps a greatest hits anthology kit? I would love a walk through / break down of the song (vlog style) and an instrument in the character of each style of your major works. A little funk from the early days, a dash of Alien Isolation, Tutankhamun here, scandi there, highlights of your favorite works and so on...

+1 on the food lifestyle change. It's tough, but very honorable and rewarding on a few different levels.

Last edited:
What I will do is make sure the dark arts are not hidden and film as much as I can of the process without giving away the Nerdular codes.
We need the greatest synth-sub-bass available, plenty of nice evolving highs, instruments for melody that are not sampled in octaves. More "Andy F like" content, dry/studio sampled low woods, B.fl, B.clar and Bsn.
In a "artisan" fashion.
For a KIT library a legato-like-patch, shorts would do.
And with we need I mean that, I would buy it :)
Best of luck with your Kit!
/Anders

You'll be losing this from not having red meat and you do not want to deal with arthritis down the road.
Here's a comment to an off topic comment: Iron is easy to get without animal meat (or other animal products) - eg from "lentils, chickpeas, beans, tofu, cashew nuts, chia seeds, ground linseed, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, kale, dried apricots and figs, raisins, quinoa...."

Also: "Tea, coffee and some substances in plant foods may make it difficult for your body to absorb iron. On the other hand, vitamin C increases iron absorption. Good sources of vitamin C include pepper, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kiwifruit, oranges, strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit and orange juice."

[/offtopic]
:)

Regarding announcement #2: IMO there's only one library that SF hasn't made yet and which they IMO need to make, and the idea of developing it while communicating with the buyers of this library while making it sounds like a great. So.....( drum roll...): SF needs a new string library. (!). Based on what I know about the CH's and company's 'taste' (references to Pärt, work with Arnalds, deep respect for Jóhann Jóhannsson, having made a great chamber library, SSS and now the massive HZ library and much more, what's needed IMO is a library which is slightly modular*, and which is larger than Sable/SCS and smaller than Mural/SSS.

With SCS, one often needs to use the transpose trick or other means of layering. SSS is in many ways great, but SCS doesn't really work well as an ideal divisi section for SSS, and it's hard/impossible to make SSS as intimate sounding that many of us sometimes need.

* By modular, I mean that there will be two cello sections, two viola sections and so on. They could be used either alone (they have different sized) or together.

Ideally, this library should reflect how an ensemble sounds when sitting close to the players, which will be different than just having close (and other) microphones: sitting close to the players and having the players being placed both behind each other and maybe slightly 'wider' than usual will make it easier to hear each player but also give a different kind of feeling of depth, because the sound of the closest player will be clearly more intimate than the sound of the players that's further away. And, ideally, it should be recorded in something smaller than Air Lyndhurst.

Ideally, this lib should also be recorded with a microphone setup which allows the users to choose between classical placement/panning and more centered panning.

I've never preordered a library before, but if... no, when someone makes a string library like this, I'll probably just order it whenever it's announced, because it has to become brilliant if it's done the right way/by the right people.

Re: the iMac Pro...

Production Expert's James Ivey puts a base level iMac Pro through it's paces, and it comes through with flying colors. (This one is running Pro Tools.)

Best,

Geoff

Well, there ´s hoping that a nearly 10 thousand € computer could handle so much running data - even at 5k€ :))

@christianhenson

Just rewatching your Mac Pro vs iMac Pro video and wondering what that curved shaped controller is you use? I've noticed a few people in the Spitfire Crib videos using it aswell and it's piqued my interest!

Becoming vegetarian has been one of the best and most fulfilling decisions I have made. The first 2-3 months were challenging as the mind and body have to adapt to a new landscape of food choices. But when you figure it out, your entire life becomes so much more positively uplifted in every way. Congrats on the decision @christianhenson! :thumbsup:
I love animals, and now I can watch them without shame, pain and regret. "Animals love their children too"

What I would really like to see being the freebie guy and seeing people with limited resources thrilled over anything orchestral that doesn't sound like complete crap... Is a very basic $99 dollar starter chamber orchestra. Now that would be a challenge. Could you turn a profit? Say 20 instruments between string, brass, woodwind, percussion and keys, and 2000 Spitfire quality samples. 100 samples per instrument. F and P samples and crossfade between them, every other note sampled. Basic sustain, stac and string pizz articulations. Simple scripted legato not recorded legato, your guys are smart enough to make that work.

I don't know your costs or your sales reach, but a $99 orchestra would be a killer starting drug to get all the kids hooked on Spitfire and your new engine...

Non-vegetarians also love animals just in a different way...

Here's a comment to an off topic comment: Iron is easy to get without animal meat (or other animal products) - eg from "lentils, chickpeas, beans, tofu, cashew nuts, chia seeds, ground linseed, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, kale, dried apricots and figs, raisins, quinoa...."

Also: "Tea, coffee and some substances in plant foods may make it difficult for your body to absorb iron. On the other hand, vitamin C increases iron absorption. Good sources of vitamin C include pepper, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kiwifruit, oranges, strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit and orange juice."

[/offtopic]
:)
It’s interesting how many in the forum turn out to be vegetarians. Maybe we should start a new thread on the topic.
I had a serious issue with not having enough iron and it went away immediately when I started to drink some special iron juices. So I think it’s good to keep an eye on it. It can really take the power out of you. And we don’t want that to happen to Christian.

Top Bottom