What's new

Christian Henson's YouTube Channel - Nighty Night!

+1 for going vegetarian. I gave up the meat-is-murder thing 13 years ago, a) for ethical reasons, b) it's better for the planet, c) it's healthy, too, I guess, and d) to piss off my American sister-in-law (she’s still pissed off, ha). As a meat lover who dreams to this day of bacon sandwiches, it really wasn't that hard, and I treat it like that other thing from last century—smoking: just go cold turkey and reap the benefits. Thank gawd for alcohol.

My grandfather was a hard worker, when the government became too intrusive into his life at a certain government agency he left and started his own construction company. He ate, drank, and smoked whatever he wanted (gave up smoking in his 50s) and lived to a very healthy 91 years old .He always used to say the secret to life is enjoying life, taking naps, and living stress free including going to his workshop whenever our grandmother got on his nerves :) He yelled at me once or twice my entire life and boy did I deserve it!. Hehehe

-Owner of three dogs (two rescues), house cat (and other barn cats that are not in one house) and two horses we share ownership of.

Last edited:
I go into certain "modes" depending on mood and time.
1. Experimental mode. Sound design. Production techniques.
2. Creating a production from scratch. I might recreate any existing piece of music I think would fit the style of production. No composing, but recording music to not have an empty template.
3. Composing. Whenever inspiration strikes.
4. Matching a composition and a template. Remove the parts from the template and record track by track in the same style.

Tonight I'm in mode 2. I don't have any deadlines or active projects, so I'm trying out Tundra and blending with SSEVOs.

I'm really proud of this one... thanks so much to the 'awesomes'...

Phew, I need to slo-mo the Andy Gray section so I can follow it in detail. Very interesting for one, like me, who is trying to make a “modular” template consisting of a routing frame into which I pull saved, preconfigured Kontakt instrument track patches. Thanks Christian!

It’s a great video and loved the start editing.

Yeah, Jake got me to number every single track for a film I was working on with him in December. It makes it so easy for audio to go straight into a Protools template for Mixing...

It’s also a massive job (and I can’t wait till every single thing I own and use has a number) and I recommend keeping track of what is numbered via Google Sheets. In fact, Google Sheets is so perfect for this I think it was secretly designed purely for this purpose.

Modular template with numbers is definitely a way I’m going.

Oh man, I like that a lot. I'm gonna program a gradient on those puppies and then I'll be cooking with gas!

Top Bottom