What's new

Chris Hein solo violin

Is this available yet? I need a good solo violin pronto...
Doesn't seem to be available yet. If you need something right away you might want to check out the VirHarmonic Bohemian Violin. It seems to be a local favorite right now. It runs in the free UVI Player, not Kontakt FYI.

Doesn't seem to be available yet. If you need something right away you might want to check out the VirHarmonic Bohemian Violin. It seems to be a local favorite right now. It runs in the free UVI Player, not Kontakt FYI.
Yeah, if you need it today, get the Bohemian Violin, its a great instrument.
We'll be ready next week. Definitely!
The Instrument just come back from encoding at NI today.

Chris Hein

Chris Hein
Congrats, sir. Can't wait to lose myself for however long I get lost jammin' on the violin!

Chris Hein
I started writing a cue today which I'll be using it for. Expecting a locked picture tomorrow with a deadline of next week so I'll hold off just now...

Chris Hein

Hi Chris,

Congratulations !

I'm looking forward to the official release of this great sounding Violin Library, and would also appreciate it if you put out some video tutorials, walkthroughs, showcasing this library in-depth, and how best to use it's features.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

do you have an American distributor yet, or do I buy through Best Service?

I'm in the US and purchasing via Best Service works great. If it's download, no problem. If it's delivery, I'm amazed how fast the product has arrived - just a couple of days for me from Europe to the West coast. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Best Service in the US.

The library just arrived back from the NI encoding today.
Finally end of this or beginning of next week we can start the release.

You can purchase the violin through my online shop as direct download (3GB), access through my website.
BestService is my exclusive distributor. They do a fantastic service and support.
Distribution partner in US is BigFish, in Japan its Crypton. The violin is also available at many re-sellers worldwide.
So, there are many option, purchase should not be a problem.

Here is a new demo by Maestro Przemek.
Its a re-creation of a Stephane Grappelli arrangement of Stardust, showing the Violin in a Jazz style.

The original is here: It has a completely different sound, but listen to the details of the performance:

Chris Hein

The Stardust demo sounds amazing, and so real.

Q. How long did it take to produce with CH-Violin ?

With so many articulations, I guess having a custom Lemur for iPad, key-switching matrix setup, would be very helpful to speed up workflow.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Amazing demo (but what else did I expect from Przemek). I have tested this violin and I already knew it´s a very fine sampling library but Prem went one step further. Congrats to both of you
Raindog

Thank you kindly for your answer Chris Hein.

unfortunately I have no midi files of the examples, nor do they exist, also not from myself. I could put up some notes off course, but since it will involve various cc commande and/ or keyswitches it seems too remote for a midifile.
Nevertheless I could try and play something in later today so you have got something to fiddle with .

The links to some examples are:

( this is a favourite of mine)

Both fantastic players!
Ps: nice to see how in different cultures musicianship gets treated differently, the first vid the violin player receives some "appreciative money" in an unusual way :)

And I know and understand that the particular violins and playing techniques they use will not be achievable without actually having sampled it( like the overtones shift used).
But I do hope, since you have an extended range implemented in your library that some of the bowings might actually be possible.

And your option with a seperste vibrato depth and rate is welcomed since they use a slower vibrato then western / classical styles .

I am interested if you think its possible to some degree, and if you indeed would like a midi file I can send you something later today.

Thanks so far.

I think this might be possible with the Embertone Violin, using the 'colour' setting. It's an algorithm (or phase aligned samples? Not sure).

Hi everyone,

well what can I say, thanks for the nice words, glad you like my Stardust mockup:)
It was real fun to do this. I also experimented with a more retro/vintage sounding mix with crackles and noise and what not.
So for those of you who like that kind of stuff here is the vintage mix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/if72fq9l1... vintage mix - by Przemyslaw Kopczyk.mp3?dl=0

@muziksculp "Q. How long did it take to produce with CH-Violin ?"
Well, it took me longer to do this compared to the False Valse demo, because it was the first time for me to do a piece in
this genre, so lots of time went for analyzing Stefane Grappellis performance of this piece, and setting up CHV to do the things I needed it to do.
Now I could do it way faster. It always depends on different factors, like time (deadline), details and so on.
But you have also to bear in mind that this is a demo for I which I didn't had a deadline, so I took the extra time to dive in deep and see how far I could push CHV.
The cool thing is, that you can work fast with it if needed, its completely customizable, to suit your needs. I could go on;)
Who knows, maybe I will share some of my settings for the CHV in the future.

Today there will be a final demo from me in an electronic/dubstep setting, which will be posted either today or in the next few days. Depends on how fast Chris is.

Hi everyone,

well what can I say, thanks for the nice words, glad you like my Stardust mockup:)
It was real fun to do this. I also experimented with a more retro/vintage sounding mix with crackles and noise and what not.
So for those of you who like that kind of stuff here is the vintage mix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/if72fq9l12phy3v/Stardust mockup excerpt vintage mix - by Przemyslaw Kopczyk.mp3?dl=0

@muziksculp "Q. How long did it take to produce with CH-Violin ?"
Well, it took me longer to do this compared to the False Valse demo, because it was the first time for me to do a piece in
this genre, so lots of time went for analyzing Stefane Grappellis performance of this piece, and setting up CHV to do the things I needed it to do.
Now I could do it way faster. It always depends on different factors, like time (deadline), details and so on.
But you have also to bear in mind that this is a demo for I which I didn't had a deadline, so I took the extra time to dive in deep and see how far I could push CHV.
The cool thing is, that you can work fast with it if needed, its completely customizable, to suit your needs. I could go on;)
Who knows, maybe I will share some of my settings for the CHV in the future.

Today there will be a final demo from me in an electronic/dubstep setting, which will be posted either today or in the next few days. Depends on how fast Chris is.

Hi Przemyslaw K.,

Thanks for the feedback. and a big round of applause for the great work you have done in emulating a complex solo violin performance using CH-Violin. This is quite a challenge, and you were very successful at it. (Bravo).

I love the Vintage Mix performance you linked to, very well done !

I'm also curious to know if you used any HW-Controller for Switching between the various articulations in realtime when you were writing these pieces, or did you just use your mouse, and key-editor to tweak things in a more surgical manner after the notes were input ? basically what was your general workflow procedure for making these demos when using the CH-Violin ?

I would also like to see some video tutorials, and walkthroughs of CH-Violin, and maybe tips on how to best go about using it in various scenarios.

I'm guessing that spending a good amount of time with CH-Violin to discover how to manage all these articulations, and trigger them when suitable would take some getting used to, and experimenting is an important, and key factor here.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Top Bottom