What's new

Cherry Audio VOLTAGE MODULAR - Black Friday - what modules are on the wishlist?

doctoremmet

Hi there VI-C synth heads. So. After a year full of BS and personal grief, I was just thinking about the upside. I have had a lot of fun with virtual synthesizers. My Arturia emulations. Falcon2 stuff. Bazille. Synthmaster. Serum. Loom II. You name it.

But the best decision I have made in this realm must have been clicking that Nucleus link. It took about two hours before I got Core. Next day I picked up the full PSP bundle and Zeroscillator. Yes, I still love FM. A lot ;)

Oh, by the way, those PA sales that brought me BYOME and LION have been of equally epic proportions. So imagine my surprise when I found out about Euro Reakt ;)

Anyhow. What’s the point of yours truly rambling on about synths? Well, as we’re getting ready for nights full of calculations, preparing spreadsheets allocating our BF / holiday season budgets, I figured for some of us it would be great to talk to other Voltage Modular fans and share experiences. What are some of the Cherry Audio store’s BEST modules? Do we really need THAT one extra oscillator, step sequencer or mathematical attenuverter? Or are there better or more fun ways to spend our VM budgets?

Also, I am kind of curious who of you are VM users.

My current setup:
- CA Core
- PSP Everything Bundle
- Beat magazine free modules
- MRB Zeroscillator
- Insomniac Drift Bundle
- Insomniac Digital Delay

My wishlist:
- m*4 stuff
- Unfiltered Audio Distortion Bundle
- HetrickCV Bundle
- MRB everything ;)

I would love to get in touch with other VM users on here, and learn from your experiences. Cheers!

PS:
The reason I explicity mentioned Unfiltered Audio in my initial post, is that Michael Hetrick replied to something I tweeted out. I asked if there are any plans to port over some of the Euro Reakt stuff to VM, to which he responded that he was planning to do just that. So who knows, in time we may see some LION modules for VM ;)

I have it but not played with it that much at the moment. I only have ignite and missed out on buying the core earlier in the year at a great price so it that comes up I will get that.

I watched a video that showed you could use VSTs like Kontakt within and then manipulate the sounds you create, which looked awesome. It also has MPE support via a paid module which is great.

I certainly intend to do more with!

Cool. Last year the PSP Ultimate bundle was $50 on BF, an insane deal for what you get. It has eFeMerizer, basically a 4 operator FM oscillator and ALL filters that were originally in their PSP Nitro / N2O effect, and a whole bunch of verbs, adsr’s, delays. Ridiculously good bundle.

Yes, I do not have the MPE module yet, by Cherry Audio. I will get it so I can fully utilize my Seaboard and Lightblock, sounds like a lot of fun!

Any users of the Vult stuff out there? It looks like their stuff is quite revered in the VCV universe. I am hoping to get some actual users in this thread, if there are any on this forum ;)

@Empty Vessel You strike me as someone who has had some fun patching with this one?

For people wondering what I’m talking about - cool review here:

by @Thorsten Meyer. Thorsten, have you expanded your time with this synth, and the modules you’re using at all?

Well, I got VM some days(?) ago, because it (Nucleus) is free right now:
But just started it once to check if it works (licensing and stuff) and haven't touched it since.
:blush:

Well, I got VM some days(?) ago, because it (Nucleus) is free right now:
But just started it once to check if it works (licensing and stuff) and haven't touched it since.
:blush:
It takes some time, but I’ve gotten the hang of it. Kind of addictive, a real plaything hehe.

It takes some time, but I’ve gotten the hang of it. Kind of addictive, a real plaything hehe.
Cool. Last year the PSP Ultimate bundle was $50 on BF, an insane deal for what you get. It has eFeMerizer, basically a 4 operator FM oscillator and ALL filters that were originally in their PSP Nitro / N2O effect, and a whole bunch of verbs, adsr’s, delays. Ridiculously good bundle.

Yes, I do not have the MPE module yet, by Cherry Audio. I will get it so I can fully utilize my Seaboard and Lightblock, sounds like a lot of fun!

Any users of the Vult stuff out there? It looks like their stuff is quite revered in the VCV universe. I am hoping to get some actual users in this thread, if there are any on this forum ;)

@Empty Vessel You strike me as someone who has had some fun patching with this one?
Vult really is amazing. The Dopamine and Quincunx modules are stunningly useful, let alone the very high quality oscillators and filters. A must-have, imho, though I'm a VCV user too, which is where I got to know his stuff. The sound quality in VM is better, though - obviously 8-)

Vult really is amazing. The Dopamine and Quincunx modules are stunningly useful, let alone the very high quality oscillators and filters. A must-have, imho, though I'm a VCV user too, which is where I got to know his stuff. The sound quality in VM is better, though - obviously 8-)
Awesome. You wouldn’t happen to have some audio or video recordings handy, would you? 🥺

These should get you started, though they are VCV-based. However, they work identically in VM... Omri is the go-to guy for noobs in modular.

Anyone with the MRB modules? There aren’t any demos out it seems, except the one pertaining to Zeroscillator.

Yes. Solely based on my experience with Zeroscillator I’m sold on ALL his stuff. Maybe with the exception of the Syndrum, because I don’t really have a use case - notwithstanding its inherent quality.

Would love to hear some demos. He did post a teaser video for a to be released new module the other day. He also hinted at some BF sale coming up.

Top Bottom