What's new

Cheapest way to upgrade to NI Ultimate Komplete 15?

AndreasHe

Hi Folks,

I guess this year, maybe september is Komplete 15 comming. And I would like to upgrade to it from my Komplete 13.

At the Moment NI offers me Ultimate Komplete 14 for 399.- upgrade price.

As usually summer sale is comming - maybe with 50%, I wonder now what is the cheapest way to end with Komplete 15?

- Upgrade with Summersale to Komplete 14 and then again to 15?
- Just wait until release of Komplete 15 and upgrade directly?

How much NI may want to charge to upgrade from 13 to 15?
My last update from 12 to 13 was also 388 EUR.

What do you think?

As long as the NI upgrade model remains as it always has, you will be able to go straight from Komplete 13 to 15.

It would be a waste to upgrade to 14 and then 15, because the cost of going from 13 to 15 would be the same.

In other words; forget about the sales between now and then.

Thanks both! That was the right info.

Currently it's not nice that some updated instruments do not run anymore as they require Kontakt 7 inside Kontrol. Even my installed Kontakt 7 player does not help. Looks like NI forces me to upgrade 😐 it's a strange mix currently.

Thanks both! That was the right info.

Currently it's not nice that some updated instruments do not run anymore as they require Kontakt 7 inside Kontrol. Even my installed Kontakt 7 player does not help. Looks like NI forces me to upgrade 😐 it's a strange mix currently.
I didn’t realize there were libraries that required K7, but do not run in the player. I will have to watch out for that.

Here an example. But I see that I use Komplete 2.9.4

1713476549059.png

Maybe that is the reason. If I remember correctly, I had some trouble with Kontrol update and libs, so I kept 2.9.4. But I can't remember exactly what happened. Might it be that I also wanted my Kontakt 6 full version? hmmm...not sure anymore.

1713476549059.png

Maybe that is the reason. If I remember correctly, I had some trouble with Kontrol update and libs, so I kept 2.9.4. But I can't remember exactly what happened. Might it be that I also wanted my Kontakt 6 full version? hmmm...not sure anymore.
edited (see further posts below.)

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 22.57.59.png

So I just checked and yes it seems it does need the latest version of Kontakt 7.

Still, maybe give it a try using only Kontakt and not KK.

I had some trouble with Kontrol update and libs, so I kept 2.9.4.
Thinking about it more, I guess this makes sense. NI have moved on to KK 3 now, and it seems that as libraries get updated they are losing support to be hosted inside the older version of KK.

That sucks :emoji_expressionless: but at least you should be able to use it in Kontakt 7 Player outside of KK.

1713476549059.png

you need to downgrade the version of AD. I had to do that for a bunch of NI play series products in order for them to work on my system. There is a thread on NI forums. They totally hosed it for older Kontakt and Maschine users. :-(

If I remember correctly, I had some trouble with Kontrol update and libs, so I kept 2.9.4. But I can't remember exactly what happened.
I, and many others, downgraded their Komplete Kontrol to 2.9.X because the new version has absolutely useless browser, maybe it was something in connection to this?

I, and many others, downgraded their Komplete Kontrol to 2.9.X because the new version has absolutely useless browser, maybe it was something in connection to this?
Could have been the point. Also my Arturia libs disappeared from KK 3.

Yes I may use for some instruments Kontakt 7 player, but without LED strip support etc. Overall kinda broken thing.

I've got the feeling after upgrade to komplete 15 I will fall into a mix of heaven and hell 😂

when i upgraded from 10 to 13 there was a sale on komplete 12 upgrade (50%) shortly before k13 was published. I bought K12 and get k13 for free (it was stated in the sale) when k13 was published.
k12 was in the physical version on HDD.

so keep your eyes open on dealers!

Top Bottom