What's new

Can I copy my songs from Studio One 6 to Cubase 13

Rossy

I have been trying the demo of Cubase 13 and really like the workflow and how much easier it is to score to picture. I have a lot of music in Studio One 6 and will be shutting down my subscription this weekend as I move to Cubase permanently. Is there a way to move my music to Cubase without having to rerecord it? Most of my work is midi so I don't know if that makes it any easier?

Thanks

Reactions: Si_
I went the other way, Cubase to Studio One. As you're mostly MIDI it should be easy. Export each track as a MIDI file, you might even be able to do all tracks at once - can't remember now, then just import into Cubase.

Audio would be the same.

I don't think there's any song conversion software available that I know of, but it doesn't take long doing the above, depending upon the complexity of your projects of course.

I would also recommend naming the MIDI files according to synth and preset, so that once they're in Cubase, you can easily reassign the proper synth to them. If you have FX on that track, either put that FX/preset name in the MIDI file name or make text notes about it, because once Studio One is gone, you won’t be able to hear the files as you have been used to in Studio One.

Aldo, if you render them to audio, you'll know what they are supposed to sound like, and I would also name those to match the MIDI file names.

I have been trying the demo of Cubase 13 and really like the workflow and how much easier it is to score to picture. I have a lot of music in Studio One 6 and will be shutting down my subscription this weekend as I move to Cubase permanently. Is there a way to move my music to Cubase without having to rerecord it? Most of my work is midi so I don't know if that makes it any easier?

Thanks

That's what DAW Project is for, although it will likely be years before Steinberg adopts it.

I suspect if Steinberg seriously got their business heads on, saw the S1 exodus after 6.6 and quickly adopted DAW Project, Presonus would very soon shut it down… 😂😉

It’ll be a licensed Presonus product and I doubt they’d sell it to anyone who’ll take away their business.

Manual transfer is the thing. Project by project…. Sorry, song by song! 😊

Regarding AA translator, I'm a user and a fan. I use it to get AAFs into Reaper, and occasionally to move both ways between PT and Reaper. Worked like a charm, with the odd exception on feature length projects, but nothing showstopping, and that was some years/versions ago. Never tried a project with midi - audio only for my purposes.

I suspect if Steinberg seriously got their business heads on, saw the S1 exodus after 6.6 and quickly adopted DAW Project, Presonus would very soon shut it down… 😂😉

It’ll be a licensed Presonus product and I doubt they’d sell it to anyone who’ll take away their business.
That would be odd since PreSonus doesn't own it. It was created by and is being developed by Bitwig.

Yeah, it's should be easy. I've started preparing to migrate to Logic, in case Presonus goes full subscription with Studio One. But make sure you understand the concepts on how to save files properly in Studio One, before you start deleting anything. Everything is saved into the "Media" folder from Studio One for each particular project, but you may need to pay special attention to your midi files. Watch this first:

Reactions: Si_
Top Bottom