What's new

Buying NI piece by piece

Robert_G

The End is Near
Im noticing a lot of Native Instruments singles for sale right now. Im pretty sure people are wanting to dump singles and recoup some cash to buy one of the komplete packages on sale.

Im not trying to judge peoples buying habits, but why on earth would anyone buy NI stuff one at a time in the first place?

Even when Komplete is regular price....it works out to 89% off to buy a Komplete package compared to buying them as singles.

I look at the price of NI single intruments and then look at what you get in a package.....its a no brainer.....isnt it?

For me at least, I don't need 90% of what's in Komplete Ultimate and I already own Kontakt 6. Purchasing individually makes more sense for me.

For me at least, I don't need 90% of what's in Komplete Ultimate and I already own Kontakt 6. Purchasing individually makes more sense for me.

Take Action Strings for example. $300 normally . Right now the upgrade from Komplete to Ultimate is 275$. Most of us know the summer of sound sale happens. One instrument is more than the entire upgrade....so again...it makes no sense to buy seperately.

Reactions: EgM
Take Action Strings for example. $300 normally . Right now the upgrade from Komplete to Ultimate is 275$. Most of us know the summer of sound sale happens. One instrument is more than the entire upgrade....so again...it maked no sense to buy seperately.

True, but shhh.... I'm trying to sell Action Strings atm haha :P

11U was my introduction to VIs, less BFD 1. But I upgraded to the full Symphony Series separately @ 50% off based solely on NI saying they would never include it with Ultimate. Then they created & included it with CE.

A different route but the same lesson. Barring some SERIOUS sale, I’ll never buy another individual instrument from them. Principals have me holding off on the 50% update despite my interest in a few instruments & Kontakt 6.

When I first bought Komplete 8, I couldn't afford Ultimate, so I picked up the few extra libraries I wanted separately when they went on sale.

After getting K10U they released Una Corda and I didn't want to wait 4 years for my next KU update, so I also got it when it went on sale.

Now I'm thinking of taking the plunge on K12U update sale, but don't want to wait 4 years for Noire and Straylight.

Actually you can get really great deals on the singles second hand. For anyone wanting buy them, I see stuff at more than 50% especially around sales like this or most likely when a new version of Komplete is released.

In fact with K13UCE hits someone will get Noire really cheap from me no doubt.

Reactions: EgM
Actually you can get really great deals on the singles second hand. For anyone wanting buy them, I see stuff at more than 50% especially around sales like this or most likely when a new version of Komplete is released.

In fact with K13UCE hits someone will get Noire really cheap from me no doubt.

Exactly, also for anyone who doesn't own the full version of Kontakt the singles support the free Kontakt player.

If you don't own Kontakt full or Komplete, the singles are really less expensive.

I think most have said it in the time it took me to type my initial, now retyped response, lol.

I bought Thrill, for example, during a half-off sale a couple of years back, before it wound up in Komplete. I can resell that license at the same half-off and recoup the cost, as I now have it as part of Komplete.

But all the current and recently released products are not yet slated for Komplete, and there is no guarantee which of these will end up in which tier of Komplete (13), if at all. Even so, I typically am only interested in one or two new things, and those costs are still more economical for me than going from a prior Komplete version to later Komplete Ultimate, even as I have had Ultimate in the past.

Just as an example, I sold Action Strings and Action Strikes for $75-100 each. Far less than NI ever sells them for. And unless you have a upgrade/update route, you won't get optionslike that from NI. But, yes, you're correct it makes no sense to buy individual titles directly from NI if they're part of a Komplete package and you have an upgrade option. Obviously.

I think people like to get what they want when they want it. And if they have the $$, they do.

But it's also true that it's easy to resell NI stuff. So you get the benefit of getting something you want right away while knowing you'll be able to get some of your money back later if you upgrade to the new version of Ultimate.

More perplexing... Total Studio MAX from IK Multimedia is essentially the same deal as Komplete Ultimate. It is Komplete IK. If you are patient and don't buy any software from IK, and wait for a new Total Studio to come out and go on sale, you will save a lot of money. People know this but they buy the new stuff anyway, because they want the immediate gratification. And IK doesn't allow reselling.

I bought many Expansions when they were Maschine expansions. Now that they are all included in KU12 CE, I will sell them for cheap and it will probably pay for most or all of my upgrade price.

Im noticing a lot of Native Instruments singles for sale right now. Im pretty sure people are wanting to dump singles and recoup some cash to buy one of the komplete packages on sale.

Im not trying to judge peoples buying habits, but why on earth would anyone buy NI stuff one at a time in the first place?

Even when Komplete is regular price....it works out to 89% off to buy a Komplete package compared to buying them as singles.

I look at the price of NI single intruments and then look at what you get in a package.....its a no brainer.....isnt it?

I purchased a single or two for random projects that required it. I have since upgraded my pack and have extra licenses I don’t use. I think NI allows you to sell your plugin license(or is that Waves?). If anyone knows a good way to do this I’d be interested in hearing about it.

I bought Komplete 3, upgraded to 6, then upgraded to 9. Along the way I've picked up libraries I just had to have for one particular project or another, and that never happens at sale time<G>!

So I own almost everything in K12 that interests me. I'm going through the list now to see if there are enough anything to make it worth my while.

But when I look at the libraries I use all the time very few are from NI.

I do use the synths, but I'm in good shape there already.

And I never found their effects to be any better than the ones I already use.

Still, my pattern seems to be every three, so who knows!

Top Bottom