What's new

Black Friday 2021 Shortlist?

This would be kind of a kick in the head for those that literally just bought the bundle at the intro price (which I've always heard is the lowest price). And not even a month later...
Yeah I don't think that would actually be cheaper. IF you bought the vouchers last year and used them now with the intro price, that would be cheapest. Maybe he has an EDU discount, then it would be 25% for vouchers, then 25% off with Edu discount when he makes the purchase?

Forgot, would like to see Eastwest Opus upgrade from full Diamond for better price.
Giving the same upgrade price to everybody, no matter what they own, is just lazy marketing (i'm being gentle :grin: ).

It's not the money, it's the principle.

This would be kind of a kick in the head for those that literally just bought the bundle at the intro price (which I've always heard is the lowest price). And not even a month later...
- 1990 for the full bundle with no discount
- a little over 200 discount for owning BBO
- My current price is 1486 Euro, so the intro price on the bundle is giving me only about 15% discount. (1690 without BBO discount)

About 1800 (1990 -/- BBO discount) paid with vouchers that are 25% discounted, is 1350 Euro.

That's why I'm postponing the purchase 'till after the voucher sale...

Last edited:
I think i will be the same old same old companies doing the discounts on their product line (or part of it).
Then one or two company's drop a "wow" discount, totally unexpected.

I think if you look at previous years (2019 2020) you get pretty good idea about what to expect in general.

I'm going to drop coin on FabFilter ProQ 3. I've never gotten along with Neutron, even with free Elements 3 (I only use the eq anyway). If I mixed in Logic I would just use the stock eq for subtractive/transparent/1st in chain use. But I mix in Pro Tools and just want something visual and fast for cleanup tasks. Plenty of color eqs for later in the chain.

All set with synths and libraries, especially after showing weakness and getting BHCT yesterday (no thanks to VI-C)

Similar for me, just in regard to Berlin Percussion. That is, if I can first resist the Synchron Percussion bundle.
I do love Berlin's, and they're probably the next most comprehensive compared to Synchron. But Synchron seems odd, the way it's divided into several libraries with overlapping instruments and content so i never really got into it. Plus that puts it at a thousand dollars and a terabyte. The Synchron stage just makes percussion sound incredible though.

Berlin Brass additional instruments
Maybe EastWest Spaces 2
Maybe PS Pacific (but don't think so unless it's too good)
Also really eager to have Berlin in SINE player and finally start using it

My (not so) short list:

** Maybe Virharmonic Violin and Cello (I just bought Sacconi 1/2 off, also bought VSL Solo Strings and Cinestrings Solo this year, wtf I'm sick)

** Maybe SA Birth of the Trumpet and Tenor Colossus (@doctoremmet need that sax video please)

** Maybe OT Berlin Woodwind Soloists bundle and Duplex Saxophones (@doctoremmet need that sax video thank you), a lot of the OT Creative Sound Packs look cool, I'm afraid I'd buy and never use though. But perhaps Whisper..)

** VSL... depends what's on offer. What I want/need is: MIR Room Pack Bundle on sale so I can complete, Synchron-ized Solo Strings Sordino, sordino for SSP or SES would be awesome too. I'm less concerned about Synchron Woodwinds (the Synchron-ized ones are already fantastic), but would be an instant buy anyway.

** XSamples... I don't NEED anything but I want to dip my toes in, so if there is a good offer...

** Sonica, I have the "three sisters" already, but there was a good sale I'd pick up more stuff...

** Soundpaint ??!

I'm buying Pacific and TSS, no question, so not really on my list.

Well, I was thinking about getting into the CS or Infinite ecosystems, but I just got HZS and am planning on TSS and SK's strings when they come out. So, not sure I want to bother this year.

I don't think MSS is going to 50% off yet, but when it hits that point, I will probably get it.

Otherwise, maybe the the Ton? I don't really need any Spitfire stuff. I have so much. If OT puts the harpsichord or timpani on sale, I may get that.

And then again, something may surprise me!

SSDs on sale? I could probably use some more....

Depends on what Cinesamples, Spitfire, and OT choose to do, and of course the content of the Ton. Are collections really 60% off at Spitfire? I saw 30% somewhere. Seems too good to be true re: SSO, but I may finally spring for that if it comes down either amount. OT having a huge sale on Berlin would mess that up. And Cinesamples having upgrade paths in time for BF may ruin that.

Depends on what Cinesamples, Spitfire, and OT choose to do, and of course the content of the Ton. Are collections really 60% off at Spitfire? I saw 30% somewhere. Seems too good to be true re: SSO, but I may finally spring for that if it comes down either amount. OT having a huge sale on Berlin would mess that up. And Cinesamples having upgrade paths in time for BF may ruin that.
If I recall correctly, with this year's Spring Sale SSO was permanently reduced to -50%. So it stayed at that price even after the sale and was not further reduced in price during the Summer Sale. But obviously, who knows what they may or may not choose to do at BF ...

If I recall correctly, with this year's Spring Sale SSO was permanently reduced to -50%. So it stayed at that price even after the sale and was not further reduced in price during the Summer Sale. But obviously, who knows what they may or may not choose to do at BF ...
Well that's the current price vs "sold separately" price isn't it, though? To illustrate the savings? Anyway here's hoping it can come down more in price, but obviously this is a good deal already considering the separate libraries' costs.

Top Bottom