What's new

Best Service Engine 2 plugin window size too small in Cubase

Nikephoros

Hi, everyone! Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the plugin window size of Engine 2 in Cubase? It's too small and barely readable. The problem is that the Engine 2 app has a normal sized window when opened outside Cubase. Thanks in advance!

I think it is good to mention that the display resolution of my monitor is 4k and I have Cubase 12.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.png
    2.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 28
Click on Preferences > Engine Settings (the wrench icon down below) and, at least in Logic, you can find a GUI scaling setting:

1713992995279.png

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I cannot find such setting in Cubase, probably it's a feature for Logic only.

Is there a new Engine player? You mean newer than Engine 2?
Yes, but it just came out a couple weeks ago, and it's a complete rewrite (basically a new product from scratch), so they are having to reprogram all the libraries from scratch in the new player. So at the moment the only libraries ported from Engine 2 to the new Engine Player are the Accordion library and the Organ library. The others are still in process. So, unless it happens to be the Accordion library or the Organ library that you want to use, then you'll need to wait for it to be ported to Engine Player.

You can get details from https://engine.audio

Last edited:
Really hope this new Engine is significantly better, and that they port the old libraries soon. Been using Tarilonte's Persian Era library a lot recently, and it's fantastic, but Engine 2 is a problem... Frequent crashes/sound loss, or even completely freezing the whole computer - usually when trying to adjust some of the parameter knobs in the GUI - which is shame, because they're set up to do some useful things (release, pick noise etc.), but I'm in fear of touching them unless I really have to!!

Yes, but it just came out a couple weeks ago, and it's a complete rewrite (basically a new product from scratch), so they are having to reprogram all the libraries from scratch in the new player. So at the moment the only libraries ported from Engine 2 to the new Engine Player are the Accordion library and the Organ library. The others are still in process. So, unless it happens to be the Accordion library or the Organ library that you want to use, then you'll need to wait for it to be ported to Engine Player.

You can get details from https://engine.audio
Wow, that looks like a fantastic improvement! Let's hope its usability will be as good as Kontakt! From the screenshots posted on this official website of the new Engine, it looks like they are porting Eduardo Tarilonte's libraries as well. Such great news!

Really hope this new Engine is significantly better, and that they port the old libraries soon. Been using Tarilonte's Persian Era library a lot recently, and it's fantastic, but Engine 2 is a problem... Frequent crashes/sound loss, or even completely freezing the whole computer - usually when trying to adjust some of the parameter knobs in the GUI - which is shame, because they're set up to do some useful things (release, pick noise etc.), but I'm in fear of touching them unless I really have to!!
Yes, it's quite unusable. With Engine 2 I was getting a lot of performance spikes in Cubase and I was starting to think my hardware is damaged, but apparently it had to do with Engine 2. It's sad because there are a lot of fantastic libraries from Eduardo Tarilonte but many people refuse to buy them just because of that broken player. Let's hope this new Player will be at least better than the previous one!

Top Bottom