What's new

Best Allround Voices for Synthesizer V (currently)

pulpfiction

Which 2 voicebanks (male and female) would you currently recommend for Synthesizer V?

They should be all-rounders.
No matter if rock, pop, film music, soul, jazz, African (ethnic stuff)...

Solaria and Saros maybe....?

Thanks!

Probably Natalie and Solaria
Saros and Hayden/Kevin for me
For the female voices, Solaria and Natalie were also my favorites....
After a closer look, I'm leaning towards Solaria (no Ai moments at all compared to Natalie and different voice modes have greater variations compared to Natalie)

For the men, I'm leaning towards Saros and Hayden...

Because Saros is still relatively new and is the same company as Solaria, I think that there is still a lot of development going on here...

Do you have any other opinions and experiences on what you prefer (and why)?

Thanks!

You can make a case for most of the voices! Only a couple of niche ones slightly miss the mark for me.

For male sounding voices, I prefer Hayden over Saros. We typically hear Hayden with this youthful, kind of dull sounding voice, but when you push it a little, as you would naturally with Saros, it lightens up considerably. Saros is a great belter, but I'm not so sure on the soft side and diction can be a little unclear sometimes. Hayden has more bite and a little more punch to his delivery.

On the female side, Solaria and Natalie are both good choices, but very different. Don't discount Sheena though - her voice is just awesome. Kind of a cross between the harshness of Solaria and the softness of Natalie. She got a bit overshadowed on launch, and I must admit, I was a little less than impressed initially, but she has become my favourite female voice.

I think we don't have real allrounders available at all.

Saros and Solaria are pretty versatile, but IMO no voice can do it all. We especially still miss good Rock&Metal voices, IMO.

PS: And all male voices besides Saros, Ninezero and Asterian sound too boygroup like for my taste. A further problem is, that many voices are not suitable for English, because they have a noticeable accent. I for example would prefer Weina over Solaria from the sound of their voices, but Weina has an accent, Solaria doesn't.

Last edited:
I think we don't have real allrounders available at all.

Saros and Solaria are pretty versatile, but IMO no voice can do it all. We especially still miss good Rock&Metal voices, IMO.
Also missing that R&B sound like Chaka Khan... :)

Top Bottom